Linguaholic

More Interactive Study Opportunities [GERMAN]

Mizali

Does anyone know of better, more interactive ways to learn German?  I've tried some applications/sites like duolingo, but I'm looking for something that's less about rote memorization and repetition and more interactive.  Something that encourages the use of grammar and vocabulary that have already been learned.

It seems like this kind of thing would be difficult to develop, and there might not be anything out there, I'm just curious whether anyone has heard of something like this (potentially even for other languages than German).

If you're looking for real interactive opportunities, you may not find anything for free. For example there's lingoda.com and babbel, they both charge for a fee. Babbel is apparently a award winning website, but I can't confirm that.

If you want a free interactive German experience, I say go for video websites like YouTube. You'll find lots of teachers there teaching German for free, and best of all you'll hear the accents and how to pronounce the words. It might be fun if you find the right video.

• 3 months later...