Linguaholic

Hello

Christina Curtin

Hi my name is Christina. I am from Ireland, originally from Belarus I was adopted 11 years ago, it was the best thing that happened to me. I haven't been back to Belarus in 11 years I just don't have the courage to go back not even for a visit. I think I am afraid of not wanting to come back to Ireland. Anyway since I moved here I don't have any friends from Belarus and I don't have anyone to talk to so I have forgotten all my native language. I am hoping that I will make some new friends here and I will have some one to talk to and I can get back my native language.

Christina

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Hey there Christina, welcome to linguaholic. Was Christina the name that was given to you in Belarus?

What language where you speaking there Russian or Belarrusian(?)?

I hope to see you around!  :wink:

Hi Christina!

Unfortunately I can't help you with your native language, but I think you should go and visit Belarus someday. I don't know about you, but I always like to find out bits of my history and my roots basically. You could find out new things about yourself and better understand who you are. Regarding what you said about not wanting to go to Belarus because you're afraid you'll no longer want to return to Ireland, I'll tell you just this: Eastern Europe can be a nice place to visit, but it's quite a tough place to live in, so I think you wont have any problems going back to Ireland :smile:. Cheers!