Linguaholic

Basic Korean Phrases

ddrmario123

I've been studying Korean for about the last month or two and as such I've picked up some very basic phrases. Please do add more to the list  :grin:.

An Yong Ha Sae Yo = Good Morning, hello, how are you?, it's basically a general greeting.

Mee Ahn Ham Nee Dah = Sorry.

Kam Sam Nee Dah = Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Here are some of the Basic Korean Words:

Yeoboseyo?........................................................................Hello? (on the phone)

Annyeonghi jumuseyo...........................................................Good night

Sarang haeyo.......................................................................I love you

Mian hamnida.......................................................................I am sorry

Annyeonghi kaseyo..............................................................Goodbye (if you are the one staying)

Annyeonghi kyeseyo.............................................................Goodbye (if you are the one leaving)

Mwo?.................................................................................What?

Wae?.................................................................................Why?

Nugu?................................................................................Who?

Eonje?...............................................................................When?

Juseyo...............................................................................Please

Kaja..................................................................................Let's go

Eodigayo?...........................................................................Where are you going?

Korean language is just easy to learn when you will put time and effort in knowing the language. There are still many easy words that are interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

I can write them for you!  :wink:

여보세요?

Yeoboseyo?

안녕히 주무세요.

Annyeonghi jumuseyo.

사랑해요.

Sarang haeyo.

미안합니다.

Mian hamnida.

안녕히 가세요.

Annyeonghi kaseyo.

안녕히 계세요.

Annyeonghi kyeseyo.

뭐?

Mwo?

왜?

Wae?

누구?

Nugu?

언제?

Eonje?

주세요.

Juseyo.

가자.

Kaja

어디 가요?

Eodigayo?

• 10 months later...

After learning a few simple, common phrases, I found that Korean became much easier to learn because I already knew a little bit of things that people say a lot. Different phrases that I've come across while learning are those such as:

밥 먹었어요? (Bap meokeosseoyo?) - Have you eaten?

This is often said after talking with someone that you haven't spoken with in a while.

잘 자요! (Jaljayo) - Goodnight/Sleep well!

I love Korean phrases as a lot of them can break awkward silences and things like that, which is quite hard to do in English.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Now that I've gotten the basics of Hangul down, I'm trying to learn a lot of the phrases to get better at speaking Korean. I'm sure this is going to help a lot in that regard! Gomapseumnida! Uhm, I hope I said that right. I'm pretty sure it's a formal thank you.