Linguaholic

Best way to memorize words fast and effectively

Dieselfit

Some of the best ways I've found learning and memorizing new words quickly is to sing them in a little melody you make up and to incorporate the word into your every day speech without sounding too ridiculous. For me, music associations really help me memorize overall and making up fun melodies is a good way to not just have to sit and regurgitate the word 1000 times before it sticks.

Incorporating the new word into every day speech is pretty important as well. If you're trying to memorize the new word, then you should make a point to try and use the word in your every day speech! 

Either by association (there was a program that allowed you to memorise 200 words a day using this method), Or simply traditional rote. I often learn vocabulary lists by rote and then read a passage contain the words to improve fluency and to cement the knowledge into my memory.

For me it is by associating the words with pictures, objects, events or even with food or certain people.

Other ways include mnemonics or by listening and singing to a favourite song, then replacing the lyrics with the words that are currently being learnt.

Association, Mnemonics and Singing are also fun for me to better understand words.

Cheers,

The Antiquarian.

I do these things a lot! I get to memorize words effectively by using mnemonics and associating them with day-to-day affairs.

Though I mostly do these things by actually finding opportunities to use the word in any occasion, just so I can be sure that I really understand the word correctly and get its meaning accurately. I guess it's really effective if we make the phrase "practice makes perfect" literal and much more brutal (as in, almost an endless affair, HAHA).