Linguaholic

Hiragana Writing Practice Sheets

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you - these looks like the sheets I used in school!

"We recommend to do the following practice.

First Row: Carefully imitate the shape of sample letters.

Second Row: Write letters by occasionally looking the sample.

Third Row: Write a letter without looking, then compare with the sample."

I think this is a really good idea. Gradually making it a bit more difficult will stretch your brain.

Here is a useful link regarding stroke order: http://www.skritter.com/stroke-order-japanese

It is very important to get the stroke order right, because you use the context of the first strokes to decide where you put your other strokes. If you do it in the wrong order it may end up lop-sided!

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the link! I've been practicing writing Hiragana for a little while. Just as j_evemstar said, I'm also thankful that it includes the stroke order. I couldn't find that on other Hiragana practice websites. I'll be saving this, much appreciation.

• 3 months later...

Hey Archangelos

Would you mind telling me what kind of problem you faced when you tried to upload those documents? I might be able to help you uploading them.

regards

lingua

• 3 months later...

Whoa! Thanks! This should help exponentially with learning them properly. I have them more or less memorized but some of them look truly similar to one another and then I'll forget which script I'm reading. I hope maybe something like this will help me to differentiate better between them.

Thanks a lot for these practice sheets.  I just enrolled in a beginner's Nihongo language class, and I've always thought about writing hiragana in addition to katakana.  I also downloaded the katakana and kanji practice sheets in preparation for my class.