Linguaholic

Best way to learn a new language?

Tayzach24

I have used Rosetta Stone; I've simply studied ,and I've been surrounded by the language. I have found that being surrounded by the language is the best way for me to learn a language. What do you think is the most beneficial method?

Learning a new language is very difficult, but I think the best way to learn a language is by hearing the language. I was really interested in studying Chinese awhile back, and I would learn by watching videos on YouTube or, a more entertaining way, by watching Chinese drama with English subtitles. As you may tell, I was not extremely serious about learning Chinese, I was just aiming to speak basic Chinese - a language that I could speak in everyday conversation. But watching drama did help me to pronounce words somewhat correctly, and it was very fun learning that way. Also, my Chinese and Vietnamese friends would learn Korean by watching Korean drama. They are actually pretty good at speaking it, too!