Linguaholic

How much do you write in your second language?

True2marie

Lately I speak in neglish a lot, because I work online and I really need it!  I'm also starting to suspect most of my thought are in english, since I do most of my writing in english... and while I do it I can hear my thought in english, lol.  I only speak my mother language with my relatives or when I leave the home, I might start forgetting my mother language once I move to the Netherlands tho :( I'll barely speak spanish at all... I guess I'll be speaking dutch and english mostly.

English is my second language, which I write in English everyday. I hardly write in my own language because I live in the United States, which my native language is basically not very useful in writing unless I write letters to my wife, which I would write in my native language.

So, what I gather is that most of us speak, but don't write much in our second language. 

Okay.  I feel a bit better.  Some individuals are so gifted in the area of language that they seem to be able to do it all  - and - all so well.

The only time I wrote in my second language was when [i'd been deceived] that someone would get my story published. I translated it fast and sent in the submission. Needless to say, the editors rejected the story and consequently I got demoralized, stopped studying the language.

I prefer to always write in my most fluent language (English). But actually, writing/reading is easier for me than speaking. I can write very grammatical stories and papers in Japanese, but when I speak I stutter and get my grammar wrong.

I guess it varies from person to person.

Everyday! At work for 8 hours and then home on the socializing networks. Also I find some things sound better in English than they do in my native language. I write more in English than I do in Romanian because I work for a British company. This is actually very good for me :)

My second language is English, which I write in everyday. Creole, I only write in when doing dialect, which is seldom. So instead of stopping to think through what I want to write in Creole I just go ahead and write in English.

Almost everyday of my waking hour, I use and write in English as a writer by profession doing all articles and web contents in English and as an Online English Instructor for Koreans. :) I also am an English Poet so all my poem compositions are written in English. :)

• 2 months later...

I hardly ever write in my second langauge unless necessity demands that I do. Even then, I write whatever it is that must be written in English first then translate it. It takes time, but at least that way, I'm able to express myself as succintly as I can.