Linguaholic

Pop Culture References

Baburra

I know a lot of movie quotes got so famous that they made it into the universal consciousness and sometimes they even got integrated into daily communication. One that comes to mind immediately is "run Forrest, run!". I remember hearing that a lot for some time as the movie got very famous, and I probably have even heard it once or twice in recent years.

Anyone know of any pop culture references and phrases that have made it to everyday use in language?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Heeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!

Yeah, there's a few of those going around. Some of them have even reached the higher ranks of politic - I'm pretty sure the infamous Francis Urquhart quote "you may well think that, I couldn't possibly comment" has been uttered in Parliament.

I can think of some right away:

"Keep the change you filthy animal!"

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

and one of them even turned into a 'wise thoughts':

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

I find myself using random movie quotes quite often I admit. Mostly as a humor answer to a question.

I hear this Pulp Fiction quote pretty often :

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. "

It is supposed to be from the Bible, right?

I hear this Pulp Fiction quote pretty often :

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. "

It is supposed to be from the Bible, right?

Funny, the most popular Pulp Fiction quote I hear is "DOES HE LOOK LIKE A B****". I guess it depends on who you hang around  :tongue:

"Why so serious?" is a famous quote from a more recent film (Dark Knight). I hear that one quite a lot.

Funny, the most popular Pulp Fiction quote I hear is "DOES HE LOOK LIKE A B****". I guess it depends on who you hang around  :tongue:

"Why so serious?" is a famous quote from a more recent film (Dark Knight). I hear that one quite a lot.

Ahah, looks like everyone has his own version of the most quoted line in Pulp Fiction. Around here we get a lot of "Say [insert word] one more time, motherf#<%&r, I dare you - I double dare you!"

My boyfriend will love this thread as he loves to quote from movies. Almost everyday he quotes something from just about any interesting film he saw. As for me, I like "I just felt like running" from Forest Gump. Never gets old.

''Who are you gonna call?!  The ghostbusters!''  LOL, I loved that movie... is actually one of my comfort films, I love it when is on TV and I can actually watch it, the first film specially.  Ever since I watched that film, that line has been stuck in my head.  I just loved that film with a great passion!  There are other good examples of TV shows and movies that left a mark in the ''popular culture references'' field, one of them is Buffy :)

First rule of Fight Club is you never talking about Fight Club!

I think that line is just really kick-ass and every time my friends get together and someone says that line, we all just start feeling tough like the characters in that movie!