Linguaholic

Learning portuguese!

Giving

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

hey there

that is a good idea but there are already so many forums that I think for the moment it is better to leave the forums as they are and all the questions about languages that do no have an own forum (yet) can be placed in the general discussion thread. if there will be a lot of questions/answers about portuguese, I will be very happy to create an own subforum for it. :angel:

• 1 month later...

I hope this isn't considered off-topic but I wanted to know if anyone had any apps or knew the hot keys for Portuguese diacritics and accent mark on English keyboards. I think that is probably the hardest thing about trying to learn to write Portuguese.

Modify message

@sfimirat, I have googled it and couldn't find it. I have studied quite a few languages and one of the first things I did was printing stickers and try every key of the keyboard to see where I put each character... :)

• 1 month later...

All I can tell you is that I support the idea and am here to help as a Portuguese person. I'm active on daily basis, so helping others wont be hard and no-one will be without an answer for too long.

• 3 weeks later...

Ola!:)

I'm relatively new here and I have just started learning the lovely language that is Portuguese. So far, I am loving it. It's such a gorgeous language and eventually I want to be fluent.

I was wondering if anyone had any good grammar or practice sheets that they could post a link to on here? For English to Portuguese. I am surprised at how quickly and easily I am finding it to learn this language. I think it's because I'm very enthusiastic about it. But I still would love any help I can get

Muito Obrigado!

Olá.  :indian: How long have you been studying Pipps?

There is a ton of material online, I checked this one out and seems pretty decent: http://ielanguages.com/portuguese.html

If you have questions please post them here, we will be glad to answer.  :wink:

Olá.  :indian: How long have you been studying Pipps?

There is a ton of material online, I checked this one out and seems pretty decent: http://ielanguages.com/portuguese.html

If you have questions please post them here, we will be glad to answer.  :wink:

Thank you! If I have any questions I will be sure to ask here as I am pretty sure I will start having lots the more I learn. I have been learning for a few weeks now. Just 20 minutes in the morning but it is all adding up. I keep going over the same lessons until they are planted in my brain :)

I do worry though that once I have learnt something and it's been a few months or a year that I will have forgotten how to speak it because I only plan on visiting Brazil in 2016. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

Once you've learned the language you need to keep it active. You can practice here, you can read books, you can listen to Portuguese radio stations online, watch movies with English subtitles, quite a few options available.  :party:

Once you've learned the language you need to keep it active. You can practice here, you can read books, you can listen to Portuguese radio stations online, watch movies with English subtitles, quite a few options available.  :party:

Thank you!:) This is a great list and I will jot this down in my notes of portuguese haha. Also has anyone else created their own sort of notebook on the language they are learning? I am thinking of doing it and just want to know how it has gone for everyone else.

You're welcome. :)

I had my books and tapes and I wrote everything down in paper, my study noted was my notebook, I can't study without my hand-written notes, it's an addiction I have.