Linguaholic

Polyglot

Hey guys,

My name is Nana and I am new to this community!

I am fluent in 4 languages (Armenian, Russian, English, French) and currently I am working on my 5th one (Spanish)! Most of them I learned in school when I was young and now I am learning Spanish in college. But I know that for a lot of people the foreign language curriculum is not useful and mnay people cannot learn languages efficiently in school setting. So, I was wondering if you guys have personal experience you could share and tell everyone what works for you best. And, of course, any tips or recommendations (online apps or programs or youtube channels) or anything that helped you become one step closer to mastering a language is more than welcome!

It depends very much on one's language background, the target language, and preferred learning style. For reading/listening to Arabic, I recommend the reading tool at languagetools.io. You can post a piece of Arabic text, and it highlights unknown, known and learning words in different colors. It also keeps stats, and allows you to manicure and export your vocabulary. It's free, but you have to join to use it. Membership is free though. (Full disclosure - I am the owner). I believe we handle Arabic better than any other reading tool, free or pay.

Hi, Miss Polyglot

One thing you could certainly do to improve your skills is joining us on our Discord Server. We have a great community there and language rooms for all kinds of languages. You will find many native speakers there. Over 100 people are online in the chat at almost any given time and people are eager to learn there.

It is of course free. if you would like to join us, you can find us here: https://discord.gg/EpEagaz

Best wishes, 

Lingua