Linguaholic

Pandanese - web app for learning Chinese vocabulary based on SRS and mnemonic techniques

I work at Pandanese (just know I am biased but honest :) ) and would like to introduce our app to Linguaholic community. Hope it will be useful for some of you who learn Chinese.

So, Pandanese is a web application focused on teaching the Simplified Chinese vocabulary. It's way more common in the world  both offline and online (except in Taiwan, Macau, and Hong-Kong).

It uses Space Repetition System (check out Anki) to learn and review in set intervals to match the mind's natural processing speed of building memories. See pic below.

projected_forgetting_curve-c8edf3e4fd62d71c9024147cf203544876afc706c79d910c8ebdacc90b26adf8.jpg.663cd57ae4dd784f4afc53b720aa31da.jpg

We use spaced repetition with our first intervals at 4 hours after learning and 8 hours after your first correct review. All in all, it takes 9 reviews (SRS-levels) to memorize the item.

Pandanese teaches from the very basic -- from radicals through characters to vocabulary. It goes without saying :)

Our app uses mnemonic sentences to help memorize the meaning and pronunciation. It's proven to aid with memorization too.

981243934_PandaneseLearningOpt.gif.535e469e058b52ed409ff72679d04637.gif

I know that some of you are still locked down, and perhaps it's is the perfect time to learn or review some Chinese characters and words. Everybody is welcome onboard! 

Note that the Pandanese lessons start from the very basic -- the simplest radicals, characters and words. See Lesson 1 structure.

726160848_Screenshot2020-04-22at15_58_42.thumb.png.375b8e5868acddc30f3d11a03643e254.png

So if you are at the intermediate or advanced level, I would recomment to start from later lessons or choose higher learning speed.

We are a really small team who work part-time. So, I'm sure it's not perfect but we're doing our best, and your feedback will be really appreciated.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pomme_de_Gavin
      Salut! I'm probably more lazy than most, but I've always struggled with remembering vocabulary. I took French in high school and college, and have had an "on and off again" relationship with practicing ever since. There's always so many things I want to do, and French ends up taking a backseat.

I'm a developer, so me and a few friends made a free chrome extension to fix this. It immerses you in French or Spanish vocabulary on any website you visit. It's a pretty cool way to pick up new words, and it's really subtle, so you can keep it on for months at a time - and stay up to date with your vocab forever! We'd love it if you gave it a shot and let us know how we could make it even better for language learners

Check it out here! www.usefluent.co

• By tessietoto
      Hi everyone,
      We'd like to introduce a website to help learners improve their English at https://lingonut.com.
      Lingonut helps you learn by reading and listening to fun and educational news. Each article comes with vocabulary notes and a quiz. In the future, learners can also save these notes to track their learning.
      We're working hard to make the website a useful learning platform. Please let us know if you have any suggestions!
      Hope this helps! Good luck and have fun learning!
    • By Mary Jay
      Hi everyone,
      I would like to recommend one great resource for learning Chinese characters.
      I have been using it for 6 months already and I am really happy about it.
      Although it has no other features except vocabulary memorization, it suits me perfectly as memorizing characters is my main pain point ;-( https://www.hackchinese.com/
      Would you be able to share some other tools you are using for learning Chinese words?
    • By frank_29
      Hello
      Two years ago, I set out to make ideal language teaching tool. Anyone who has learnt a language knows that media content in the language you are learning is an essential ingredient in learning a language. With this as the basis, I made an app that uses stories as the centre piece of its teaching. The app is called Cascade Spanish and it teaches Spanish using Spanish stories (literally). The stories are designed to teach you Spanish from you just reading and listening to them without using a dictionary or flashcard. For more information, see
      https://www.cascadelanguages.com.au/
The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...