Linguaholic

Romantic French Phrases or Sayings?

French is a really beautiful language. Some of the words just glide off the tongue. It's so seductive and romantic. Some French phrases that I find romantic are

1. Je ne peux pas vivre sans toi  /  I cannot live without you.

2. Tu es la femme de mes rêves  /  You are the woman of my dreams.

3. Je vis d'amour et d'eau douce  /  I live on love and fresh water.

4. Je pense toujours à toi  /  I always think of you.

What about you? What French phrases or sayings do you find romantic?

• 2 weeks later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

French is a really beautiful language. Some of the words just glide off the tongue. It's so seductive and romantic. Some French phrases that I find romantic are

1. Je ne peux pas vivre sans toi  /  I cannot live without you.

2. Tu es la femme de mes rêves  /  You are the woman of my dreams.

3. Je vis d'amour et d'eau douce  /  I live on love and fresh water.

4. Je pense toujours à toi  /  I always think of you.

What about you? What French phrases or sayings do you find romantic?

French is often call the language of love and the French phrases I find romantic are:

1. je suis fou de toi ----------------I'm crazy about you.

2. je taime de tout mon coeur ------I love you with all my heart.

3. tu me rends leureuse ------------You make me happy.

4. tu es tres jolie-------------------You are gorgeous.

• 8 months later...

Hmmmm, what about these:

"Tu es ma raison de vivre" ----------> You are my reason to live

"Je veux le fruit de ton sang"---------> word to word would mean "I want the fruit of your blood" (which probably won't inspire you much lol )but actually means "I want to have a child with you"

"J'ai envie de toi"----------------------> I desire you (if you know what I mean...but hello this is French after all ^^)

"Tu me rends fou!" --------------------> You drive me crazy

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help me with the right pronunciation of these phrases? I also find french very romantic and it is one of the languages that I want to learn too. Any French to help me with that?

There are a number of websites that have audio accompaniment for phrases such as these, and there are also a few Youtubers who give these types of tutorials in conversational french for free so I'd recommend just checking those out. Honestly, though, pronouncing these words is still very difficult even with the accompanying audio guides, at least for me, that is.

Hmmmm, what about these:

"Tu es ma raison de vivre" ----------> You are my reason to live

"Je veux le fruit de ton sang"---------> word to word would mean "I want the fruit of your blood" (which probably won't inspire you much lol )but actually means "I want to have a child with you"

"J'ai envie de toi"----------------------> I desire you (if you know what I mean...but hello this is French after all ^^)

"Tu me rends fou!" --------------------> You drive me crazy

I have told my boyfriend the second one a lot in english, he has done the same ;)  I remember trying to learn French some years ago, and I kinda did!  I had met a Lebanese guy, he spoke french and arabic, but I obviously wasn't going to learn arabic, lol, since it's too hard!  But french sounded like a wonderful idea!  I did learn some, I remember learning a few of those phrases you mentioned ;)  Sadly the language and cultural differences were too much and we didn't last together.

• 1 month later...

Mon amour pour toi est éternel -> My love for you is eternal

Well, that's pretty straight forward, there's also once I translated myself :

Vivre sans toi est comme un crayon cassée. I'l n y a pas de point. -> Living without you is like a broken pencil. There's no point.

Well, the second one actually sounds pretty lame in french, but damn it, I tried.