Linguaholic

I can't understand this line in a song

Bonjour, I was listening to this cover of Nea's Some Say and half of it is in French. I understand French a little bit, but with songs it's more difficult. I'm especially having trouble with the line following Et j'attendrai, j'attendrai, it's at 1:27. If someone would help me with it I'd be very happy! And if someone transcribed the entire French part that would just be amazing. Merci!:wub:

https://youtu.be/9WDbtHJqDG8?t=87

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Nice cover  :)  I don't understand why you just don't take an english lyric and link it with the french part it is easy to do no ?

but for to help you, she says in french ( sorry if I make mistakes with english ) :

j'te promets j'essaierais = I promise you I'll try

j'essaierais de rencontrer quelqu'un  = I will try to meet someone

des mecs ça yen a plein = there are lot of men

t'as dis que j'méritais quelqu'un =you've said I deserve someone

j'ai envie de t'appeler mais j'vais surement finir par tout gâcher = I want to call you but I surely will destroy everything

j'crois juste que chais pas c'que j'dois faire ou  pas = I just think I don't know what I must to do or not

même si j'sais bien que c'est peut-être stupide = even if I know it's maybe stupid

mais pour moi (or  "mais bon moi" I can't clearly hear ) j'ai besoin d'y croire encore et tu sais  = but ? I need to believe in it again and you know

on m'dis que tu m'aimeras un jour = some say  you will love me one day

et j'attendrai j'attendrai qu'un jour tu m'donnes ton amour  = and I will wait I will wait  that one day you give me your love 

dis juste que tu m'aimeras un jour = just say you will love me one day

et j'attendrai j'attendrai qu'un jour tu m'donnes ton amour = and I will wait I will wait that one day you give me your love 

Et J'attendrai , J'attendrai = And I will wait , I will wait  :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pomme_de_Gavin
      Salut! I'm probably more lazy than most, but I've always struggled with remembering vocabulary. I took French in high school and college, and have had an "on and off again" relationship with practicing ever since. There's always so many things I want to do, and French ends up taking a backseat.

I'm a developer, so me and a few friends made a free chrome extension to fix this. It immerses you in French or Spanish vocabulary on any website you visit. It's a pretty cool way to pick up new words, and it's really subtle, so you can keep it on for months at a time - and stay up to date with your vocab forever! We'd love it if you gave it a shot and let us know how we could make it even better for language learners

Check it out here! www.usefluent.co

• By vince le baguette
      Hi everyone,
      I have a question regarding french relative clauses that I just can't figure out by myself. Here two examples:
      Ces trois couleurs ce sont celles que l'on retrouve dans le tableau de Delacroix.
      Elle a été créée après les décolonisations des années 1950 et 1960, comme vous pourrez le voir 
      dans cet extrait vidéo qui raconte l'histoire de la francophonie.
      Can anyone explain to me 1) whether the article in the highlighted section is obligatory 2)if so, why and when it is obligatory 3) if not, why it is used and what difference it makes compared to leaving it out

• By Codescape
      Hi! I'm developing an application to learn various languages from ground up: starting with alphabet and continuing into sentence building and writing. I need feedback and I would love to give everyone codes for the full version so you don't have to watch ads. I try to post updates weekly adding fresh content and new games. It has quite a few cool features:
      - Various languages available for offline learning: Thai, Russian, Korean, Spanish, French (more languages on the way!)
      - Alphabet and spelling activities – build the foundations of your language knowledge.
      - Grammar drills – practice useful grammar structures for daily communication.
      - Real-life conversation examples – be ready to speak while go to another country.
      - Language tips - listen to step-by-step explanations and real-life examples that you can use right away.
      - Lesson dictionary - you don't need to look for a dictionary to find a word you don’t know.
      - Fun randomly generated games and quizzes to track your progress - revise and improve your language skills in fun games that are generated uniquely each time you play them.
      - Dictionary - browse through all the words with examples from all the courses to revise them.
      - Favorite words - add words from lessons to revise them!
      - Achievements and progress - track your improvements and progress easily.
      - Frequent updates – extend your skills with more topics covered and brand-new games.
      It's available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codescape.learngo

• By Andrew
      Hi!
      There's this song which has a sample in it. (It appears at 1:01)
      I usually find these samples by transcribing the words, but I could really use some help with this, because I'm not sure what language is this.
      I can hear some English words, but I'm not sure about them either.
      If anyone could recognise the language, it would be a big help.
      Thanks,
      Andrew
    • By Tim C
      What does "faite" mean?
      What does "faîte" mean?
      What is the difference between the two if any?
      Is there any cultural significance?
      Does either word have any slang or connotations associated?
      What does each word make someone feel?  Is it just a basic everyday word or is one rarely used or for a special occasion?
The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...