Linguaholic

Quizlet and Learning Spanish

Lola

I was not sure if this should go in Apps or here, so excuse me if this is in the wrong place.

I came across the website Quizlet when I was looking for a study site. I am a complete beginner when it comes to Spanish, so I know basically nothing. So, does anyone have any experience with learning a language or even supplementing learning Spanish through Quizlet? Can you direct me to helpful sets? I just do not have time to be using stuff that might be detrimental to learning the language. Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions!

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

What is quizlet lola? I'd say you could browse the net because you can find loads of valid material there and when you master that you can move to something with more structure.  :wink:

Quizlet is this online study site I found. You use it to study anything, not just language. You sign up for the site and create a set of terms and the site translates it into games and study guides for you. So say you do not want to create a set, you can just search and see if someone has something you would like to study.

There is just so much there, I am not sure what to start studying. So, I thought if someone here had a nice set they could direct me to, it would help me out.

I love quizlet. I use it all the time. I really like it for collaboration. I find that being a part of a quizlet group, or class, helps you interact with others and share learning resources. Plus, there is an app for it. At least on my iPhone.

• 4 weeks later...

Quizlet is GREAT for beginning with Spanish and memorizing vocabulary.  It won't help you as you dive into grammatical concepts, but it can definitely be used with great results to learn vocab throughout your journey to fluency!  Just do a quick search or two on Quizlet, most of the time there will be beginning level sets of flashcards with spanish and english on them!