Linguaholic

I learned a foreign language by age . . .

True2marie

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I learned Spanish by the time I was 5. My grandmother taught it to me and I spoke it with her for 3 years. Then I forgot it when I moved away and had to re-learn it when I was 15. I also stopped speaking it in college and picked it up again when I was 22 and had to work at a shop.

I learned English by the time I was three years old. I picked up by speaking to the neighbor's children. Our parents could not figure out how we understood each other, then one day, they heard me speaking English and realized that I had picked up by observation, and practice.

My first language was Spanish.

I have now been in the U.S. thirty four years. My English is better than my Spanish, but I am fluent in both.

I learned English when I was 4/5 years old I think. My dad had bought me a Gameboy Color with Pokemon and I slowly learned what some of those strange words meant. I've always been good with languages, so it wasn't difficult for me to improve my English pretty fast. It helped me a lot in high school, where I noticed that my English level was high enough for me to kick back, relax and still get high grades. Oh how I miss high school haha.

I learned to speak a foreign language by the age of 7 more or less, because here in the Philippines, English is commonly used and even in the media we are bombarded by English tv programs, so no wonder most people in here can speak and understand English.

I personally already knew two languages by the age of 10, and what would be considered fluency a bit later. The younger somebody is, the easier it is to learn languages in my experience. I've heard of a lot of instances where 5 or 6 years old are already fluent in 5 languages due to a diverse household and exposition to different cultures and so on. Personally for me, I guess it was a mix of those, although obviously the bulk of my progress came from studying in school.

If you consider English to be foreign than I started learning it at the age of four. My parents will teach me ABC, and some simple words like A for apple, B for boy that sort of thing. Their teaching made it fairly easy for me during elementary.

I learnt english by the age of 16.  I learnt it all on my own thanks to Yahoo! chat mostly, and I later got better at it by writing to my pen pals all across the US :)  It was a long and tortuous path, but I finally got where I wanted to go. I still need to improve my vocabulary, but at least I can already speak and write the language in a coherent way ;)

Learning this language was a blessing for me, it opened a lot doors for me!  I strongly believe it was my destiny to learn this language! I'm so glad I did, otherwise I'd not have met all the people I've met and all the new people I'm about to meet soon :)

I  learned the English language by age 6 years old when I was in Kinder up when I graduated in College. I am thankful that in our country English is our second language that is why most of us can write and speak English. And it is very useful too when we are travelling especially in an English speaking country and there is no problem withe regards to the means of communication.