Linguaholic

What do you think about academia.edu ?

linguaholic

Is Academia.edu the Facebook for intellectuals?

I have recently discovered academia.edu. My Classical Chinese teacher at Uni is on this plattform and I am now following him on academia.edu.

What do you think about Academia.edu? I personally think it is great, as there are so many professors, teachers and other people engaged in scientifical work (writing) on it. A lot of those people publish their scientifical papers directly on academia.edu and what's best is that many of those people upload papers there you can download FREE of charge.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I've had an account there for a while now, follow some people and have a couple of papers there, but I'm sure I'm not using it for its whole potential or even visit that much as well. It's interesting when I get notifications that people found my profile or works, and the keywords they used to get that result - I always a weird feeling when they notify me someone has found my work by googling my name...

I've had an account there for a while now, follow some people and have a couple of papers there, but I'm sure I'm not using it for its whole potential or even visit that much as well. It's interesting when I get notifications that people found my profile or works, and the keywords they used to get that result - I always a weird feeling when they notify me someone has found my work by googling my name...

That's exactly what I am talking about. I can remember that our professor told us about this keyword feature as well! It's good fun to see the statistics then!

Almost everyone I know has an account. I personally don't, but I think it sounds neat because of that keyword feature and probably as a way to network and to give people a concise summary of your research interests. At the same time, most people I know also don't use it that much.

I like to browse the free papers on there sometimes, haha.

Almost everyone I know has an account. I personally don't, but I think it sounds neat because of that keyword feature and probably as a way to network and to give people a concise summary of your research interests. At the same time, most people I know also don't use it that much.

I like to browse the free papers on there sometimes, haha.

Hehe. I like to browse the free papers as well. Some of my Uni professors have lots of stuff on there for free and I like to know what they are doing when they are not teaching us :=)

For people who enjoy higher learning, Academia.edu is an excellent platform.

I am so happy to see people with strong minds join forces to share information.  Some of the other sites that involve sharing of information seem to cater to individuals who aren't bright.

For people who enjoy higher learning, Academia.edu is an excellent platform.

I am so happy to see people with strong minds join forces to share information.  Some of the other sites that involve sharing of information seem to cater to individuals who aren't bright.

Hehe, funny but also true statement :=)

Hehe. I like to browse the free papers as well. Some of my Uni professors have lots of stuff on there for free and I like to know what they are doing when they are not teaching us :=)

I'm the same way, I used to peek at online thesis archives to see what my professors' thesis were about or even read articles by them that came up when I was doing research for papers. In part because I was really curious and a tad nosey, but also because it's neat when your favourite professor turns out to research the exact same things you'd be interested in doing research about.