Linguaholic

Study Methods section

May be for English specifically, may be one section for all.

I just saw that there is every possible section, even study apps...But besides the General Discussion one, there isn't a section about How you study, not for each separate part of studying that particular language.

What do you guys think, would such section be useful for you?

May be for English specifically, may be one section for all.

I just saw that there is every possible section, even study apps...But besides the General Discussion one, there isn't a section about How you study, not for each separate part of studying that particular language.

What do you guys think, would such section be useful for you?

To add a study method/approach section sounds like a good idea to me. I would suggest that one general subforum would do the trick here. I don't think that it would be necessary to do this for every single language as study methods are limited and there is a big "overlap" of study techniques no matter what language you are studying.

I really like the idea of a study methods subforum, and I agree it would be best if it was a general one. People could still create language-specific threads within it, I assume, and it would be really helpful to get and give advice for studying languages in general.

I guess I will do this kind of thing and as there are already a lot of "study-method-related-threads" in the general discussion thread, I will move them in the new subforum, so it will not look that empty at the beginning  :grin:

What do you guys think about the other subforums? Some of them are nearly empty, as they are really new and some of those languages of course are not very popular. Would it be maybe a good idea to merge those languages into one bigger forum (something like "Other languages"). If yes, do you have a suggestion for the title? "Other languages" does not sound neat at all :=)

best wishes

lingua

I guess I will do this kind of thing and as there are already a lot of "study-method-related-threads" in the general discussion thread, I will move them in the new subforum, so it will not look that empty at the beginning  :grin:

What do you guys think about the other subforums? Some of them are nearly empty, as they are really new and some of those languages of course are not very popular. Would it be maybe a good idea to merge those languages into one bigger forum (something like "Other languages"). If yes, do you have a suggestion for the title? "Other languages" does not sound neat at all :=)

best wishes

lingua

Thank you! Hope to see it soon!

As I can see there is already a section called Other languages:P I don't think there is more adequate way to call it, anyway. I was thinking that for some of the bigger languages there are a lot of sections. Is it really that different having a section for Study Apps or Links? Isn't it a little redundant?

I also thought that we could make threads in the literature subforums and upload actual full books - not pirate ones, but there are a lot of books out there that are uploaded with full rights out there, classics and very old books etc. For example there are some in the Gutenberg project. Anyway, could that be a nice thing to put, or should anyone just find those for themselves?

best wishes

lingua

"Other Languages" sounds crystal-clear and fine to me  :wink:

People can identify the category easily and people would be interested in the languages available that are previously not mentioned. The title may not sound fancy but at times, Simple is Better and Simple is Powerful  :grin:

I endorse this idea.

Regards,

The Antiquarian.