Linguaholic

Casccade Spanish [a content streaming platform that teaches Spanish]

Wouldn't it be nice if all you had to do to learn Spanish was listen to Spanish audio? That the very act itself of just listening to Spanish taught you Spanish? This is what Cascade Spanish is designed to do. It is a content streaming platform (e.g. Spotify) that teaches Spanish using Spanish audio stories. It takes less than an hour for the app to hand you your first story and the stories have these properties: 1) ~90% (or greater) of the words in any story will be words the app has taught you up to the point. 2) The stories form a Spaced Repetition System, that is, new words are introduced and spread across the stories at a high rate that is designed to teach you the new words from you just consuming the stories. 

https://www.cascadelanguages.com.au/

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Similar Content

• By frank_29
      Hello
      Two years ago, I set out to make ideal language teaching tool. Anyone who has learnt a language knows that media content in the language you are learning is an essential ingredient in learning a language. With this as the basis, I made an app that uses stories as the centre piece of its teaching. The app is called Cascade Spanish and it teaches Spanish using Spanish stories (literally). The stories are designed to teach you Spanish from you just reading and listening to them without using a dictionary or flashcard. For more information, see
      https://www.cascadelanguages.com.au/
    • By alexthegrizzly
      Hey Linguaholics, 
      Few years back I moved to Barcelona with zero Spanish, after months of Duolingo + tutors, I made small progress, but grammar was always a bit of pain. 
      When covid hit, me and my biddy decided to improve our Spanish grammar and built tool for ourselves. It's a mix of theory and flash cards on steroids for grammar, with zero setup and optemised learning plan. 
      We will be launching it next week, but would love to know your feedback on if that might be a problem for you and if what we do resonates with it. Feel free ro drop any suggestions and feedback.
      http://grammargrizzly.com 

Thank you 
      Alex
    • By Codescape
      Hi! I'm developing an application to learn various languages from ground up: starting with alphabet and continuing into sentence building and writing. I need feedback and I would love to give everyone codes for the full version so you don't have to watch ads. I try to post updates weekly adding fresh content and new games. It has quite a few cool features:
      - Various languages available for offline learning: Thai, Russian, Korean, Spanish, French (more languages on the way!)
      - Alphabet and spelling activities – build the foundations of your language knowledge.
      - Grammar drills – practice useful grammar structures for daily communication.
      - Real-life conversation examples – be ready to speak while go to another country.
      - Language tips - listen to step-by-step explanations and real-life examples that you can use right away.
      - Lesson dictionary - you don't need to look for a dictionary to find a word you don’t know.
      - Fun randomly generated games and quizzes to track your progress - revise and improve your language skills in fun games that are generated uniquely each time you play them.
      - Dictionary - browse through all the words with examples from all the courses to revise them.
      - Favorite words - add words from lessons to revise them!
      - Achievements and progress - track your improvements and progress easily.
      - Frequent updates – extend your skills with more topics covered and brand-new games.
      It's available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codescape.learngo

• By Spanish with Lex
      I'm a Spanish teacher on lockdown because of the pandemic, I want to help you learn Spanish.
      I'm a native Spanish speaker, currently on lockdown I'm Bilbao, north Spain. 
      To exorcise the virus scare and to show myself I can do something useful for someone even if I can't teach my classes while the lockdown lasts, I've decided to start creating content for people who are learning Spanish.
      I made a first video to gather some advice from you. If you can watch it and answer (here or on YouTube) it would mean so much for me
      Here's the link to the video:

Thanks to all of you, I hope I can help you even just a little bit.
      Channel: Spanish with Lx
    • By Spanish with Lex
      I'm a Spanish teacher on lockdown because of the pandemic, I want to help you learn Spanish.
      I'm a native Spanish speaker, currently on lockdown I'm Bilbao, north Spain. 
      To exorcise the virus scare and to show myself I can do something useful for someone even if I can't teach my classes while the lockdown lasts, I've decided to start creating content for people who are learning Spanish.
      I made a first video to gather some advice from you. If you can watch it and answer (here or on YouTube) it would mean so much for me :)
      Here's the link to the video:
      https://youtu.be/toxoCrxK7d0
      Thanks to all of you, I hope I can help you even just a little bit.
      Channel: Spanish with Lex
The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...