Linguaholic

Are you part of a language club?

True2marie

No, and have never been, but I'd love to be part of one.  No idea what kind of activities are done by the members of those clubs everytime they meet, but I bet is really fun and enriching.  Specially if you are really interested in learning the language.

I've heard about meetings being held by members of a web site known as the polyglot club, it seems there are groups in each country... they organize activities and meet.  That sounds quite fun to me, sadly over here no one has taken the time to organize that kind of meetings.  I'd love to, but I'm too busy with work! 

That kind of gatherings sound like a great way to meet new people :)  I would love to try that in the future, specially if I move out of my country.

• 1 month later...

No, I am not part of a language club and have never been. It does sound like a great way to meet and share with others. It would be a wonderful experience to be a part of a language club especially if all the members need help communicating different language :cool:.

Can an online language club qualify to be termed as an actual 'language club' if it does actually exist?

Currently I am not a member of any such club but if I could find one I wouldn't hesitate to join one. If any other clubs exist, I think they'd be many perks that come with joining a language club apart from helping you with your personal development.

I did join a local group and they hosted movie nights and activities, but many of the members were much older than me and I felt out of place. It wasn't a problem for me because I do have a lot of older friends now, but at the time I was young and just felt awkward. I will have to revisit that club soon.

Nope, not anymore. I used to be the deputy president of the Chinese Language society back at high school and that was it. After leaving education I've never joined any language club. I guess I just don't have the time for other things right now.

I've never been part of a language club, but I would really love to be in one. Nothing is more fun about learning a language than doing it with a group of like-minded friends.

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. I'll start looking around for a language club around my area.

I was never a part of a language club, but I think it's a great idea for those learning languages, sharing a common interest will always boost the learning experience. The more look-a-like a language club I've belong to is our linguaholic.

I'm not currently part of a language club but I intend in joining one as soon as I find one. Language clubs are not very popular in our country as our clubs focus more on the typical extracurricular activities like dancing, singing, writing and debate.