Linguaholic

Hi everyone,

I would like to recommend one great resource for learning Chinese characters.

I have been using it for 6 months already and I am really happy about it.

Although it has no other features except vocabulary memorization, it suits me perfectly as memorizing characters is my main pain point ;-( https://www.hackchinese.com/

Would you be able to share some other tools you are using for learning Chinese words?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Nikolay
      I work at Pandanese (just know I am biased but honest ) and would like to introduce our app to Linguaholic community. Hope it will be useful for some of you who learn Chinese.
      So, Pandanese is a web application focused on teaching the Simplified Chinese vocabulary. It's way more common in the world  both offline and online (except in Taiwan, Macau, and Hong-Kong).
      It uses Space Repetition System (check out Anki) to learn and review in set intervals to match the mind's natural processing speed of building memories. See pic below.

We use spaced repetition with our first intervals at 4 hours after learning and 8 hours after your first correct review. All in all, it takes 9 reviews (SRS-levels) to memorize the item.
      Pandanese teaches from the very basic -- from radicals through characters to vocabulary. It goes without saying
      Our app uses mnemonic sentences to help memorize the meaning and pronunciation. It's proven to aid with memorization too.

I know that some of you are still locked down, and perhaps it's is the perfect time to learn or review some Chinese characters and words. Everybody is welcome onboard! 
      Note that the Pandanese lessons start from the very basic -- the simplest radicals, characters and words. See Lesson 1 structure.

So if you are at the intermediate or advanced level, I would recomment to start from later lessons or choose higher learning speed.
      We are a really small team who work part-time. So, I'm sure it's not perfect but we're doing our best, and your feedback will be really appreciated.
    • By JTC
      https://apps.apple.com/us/app/jtc-chinese-learning/id1474067517
      The most difficult part of Chinese as a studying goal - pronunciation! Chinese counts 4 different tones! If you pronounce one of them inccorect you will change the meaning of the word dramatically!
      That’s why JTC offers you a speech recognition tuner which allows you to check your pronunciation skills not only during the lesson but also in our interactive vocabulary and unique pinyin table which allows you to practice every existing syllable in Chinese using all 4 tones!
      Besides pronunciation JTC offers you interactive lessons, learning cartoons, games for words learning and a glimpse of a Chinese culture!
      After each successful finished lesson student can get a part of a story with our JTC guide - Sun Wu Kong!
      There are a lot of extra features you can find in JTC to  learn Chinese and China culture in easy and efficient way!
      https://apps.apple.com/us/app/jtc-chinese-learning/id1474067517
      We wish you good luck in your Journey to Chinese!

• By And.y112
      If you're looking for HIGH QUALITY Chinese-learning material, packaged in fun and practical videos, check out ABChinese on Youtube!
      Learn how to say "You're Welcome" in THIS video: 

• By yunfei
      Hi guys, I just want to tell you about my project which makes learning Chinese characters much more fun!
      You will find it here: https://www.instagram.com/chineseffect_daily/
The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...