Linguaholic

Is there any interesting ways to teach Japanese verb conjugation like making a story?

Tham

I am thinking of making an analogy/ story to teach my students about the different verb conjugations to help them make connections and better visualise the conjugations.

For example, dictionary form -> masu form, dictionary form -> te form

I wonder if anyone has tried out making a story for verb conjugations or have any ideas about it?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Maybe the use of pictures might be easier to understand instead.
Because if you have a class of people speaking different native languages, it might cause some people to not understand.
A story that makes perfect sense to an English speaking American might make no sense at all to a Mandarin speaking Chinese for example.

And I myself can't really think of stories for all conjugations.
But one I recommend you to teach the most of the differences between for example 食べれる and 食べられる, it's pretty easy to say "I was eaten by a raw fish" while you meant to say "I can eat raw fish".

IMG_6470_HEIC.thumb.jpg.f128a71c4946da84e97f24e1da64d31e.jpg

• 2 months later...

When you're learning Japanese verb conjugation is probably the least of your worries right?

After all, you’re no doubt busy thinking about how you’re going to learn all those kanji. And what order to put the words in, since verbs come at the end of Japanese sentences.

But conjugating your verbs in Japanese is a crucial part of learning to speak the language. The good news is that it's one of the easier tasks you’ll face when constructing a Japanese sentence. Phew!

If you want to improve your Japanese quickly and having fun doing it I recommend Japanese Uncovered, my comprehensive beginner programme that teaches you through the power of story.

The course covers everything you need to know as a beginner in Japanese (including verb conjugation).

Regards : Japaese language classes in pune