Linguaholic

Hello and witam wszystkich

Eboran

Hi, I'm Eboran and I have zero talent for linguistics. The idea of fluently speaking more than one language is really appealing to me, but I'm just... bad at it, I think. Anyway, I speak Polish as my native language, English enough to get by living in the UK and German and French theoretically, because I've been taught those two in school, but I was and still am utterly awful at them. The languages I'd most like to learn are Finnish, Hungarian and Dutch, but more realistically I was thinking about Russian and Slovene, since they're not entirely different from Polish.

Basically, hello :)

Hey Eboran, welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

You are still a language or two more advanced than me, even though I've studied German, I can't even claim that I am very strong theoretically at it. Your languages of choice to learn are a bit odd, but that's not to say it's a bad thing, simply not that mainstream. In any case, the forum has excellent information and resources, and I wish you luck in whatever language you chose to begin.

See you around!

How do you say Happy New Year in Polish?

Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku :)

Cześć Eboran :) Fajnie spotkać na forum jakiegoś innego Polaka (czy może Polkę?)  :wacky: Mam nadzieję że Ci się tu spodoba i nie znikniesz po tym jednym poście. Jak już się zdecydujesz na jakiś konkretny język i do niego przysiądziesz to nie będzie aż tak strasznie trudno... Najgorzej jest zacząć ;)

Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku :)

Cześć Eboran :) Fajnie spotkać na forum jakiegoś innego Polaka (czy może Polkę?)  :wacky: Mam nadzieję że Ci się tu spodoba i nie znikniesz po tym jednym poście. Jak już się zdecydujesz na jakiś konkretny język i do niego przysiądziesz to nie będzie aż tak strasznie trudno... Najgorzej jest zacząć ;)

:grin:

Google translate for the rescue:

"Happy New Year :)

Hi Eboran :) Cool to meet some other forum Pole (or maybe Polka?): Wacky: I hope you enjoy the site and do not disappear after this one post. As you decide on a particular language and come sit him it will not be so terribly difficult ... The worst thing is to start;)"