Linguaholic

新三字经

pandandesign

I remember when I was in elementary school in my home country, I would read the book called "新三字经", which offered advices and knowledge about how to become a better person. I also remember I have to memorize the whole book through my elementary school years and be able to write down at least 90% of what I have remembered. It is the kind of book that teaches people various things including manners, behaviors, self-confidence, and more. Has anyone read "新三字经" while you're in Chinese school or in China where you have grown at?

I have also read it when I was studying but after so long of not using it I've already forgotten most of it. Other than this, I've also read "千字文" which is a book made entirely without repeating a single word.

Yes, same here. I have forgotten most of the materials in the book as well. Regarding of "千字文", is it a novel or something? Or is it like a reference of teaching various topic? It sounds very interesting.

Yes, same here. I have forgotten most of the materials in the book as well. Regarding of "千字文", is it a novel or something? Or is it like a reference of teaching various topic? It sounds very interesting.

"千字文" is not a novel but a poem. The poem is contructed by using one thousand characters that never repeat. It's for people learning Chinese.