Linguaholic

in rain or in the rain

John77

Hi everyone,

how do you feel about the following sentence?

"I enjoy walking in THE rain - it´s so peaceful."

This sentence should be grammaticaly correct but I´m not sure about the definite article. The present simple tense indicates that it´s not about a specific rain but about rain in general. Why to use the definite article? The sentence is without any context. It´s taken from a grammar book.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Hi John, I can confirm the sentence above is grammatically correct, and that without the definite article it sounds incorrect. Unfortunately, however, I'm not sure why we use "the rain" in that situation. 

• 2 months later...

Hello. The proposal sounds very nice. I think it's built correctly. I would love to help you, but sometimes I get confused myself. In such cases, I often turn to professionals for help. This source helps me decide on the choice of a good writing service https://trusted-essaywriters.com/topessaywriting/ I get acquainted with reviews of companies that are now in great demand. I like to read the information here, because the purpose of this site is to share a recommendation about an academic company or warn about scammers. Having studied reliable facts, I can safely ask for help to write a quality essay.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2022 at 11:15 AM, MarionUnruh said:

Hello. The proposal sounds very nice. I think it's built correctly. I would love to help you, but sometimes I get confused myself. In such cases, I often turn to professionals for help. This source helps me decide on the choice of a good writing service https://trusted-essaywriters.com/topessaywriting/ I get acquainted with reviews of companies that are now in great demand. I like to read the information here, because the purpose of this site is to share a recommendation about an academic company or warn about scammers. Having studied reliable facts, I can safely ask for help to write a quality essay.

I was skeptical about all these writing services at first, but then my supervisor had just ripped my analysis and conclusions and I needed some help. I contacted writemyessay.me for some help as I just didn't trust myself to do the analysis of my data. Not only did they do an excellent job of the stats (which I hate with a passion), they rewrote the last few sections of my thesis perfectly to reflect the new results that I had. Perfect, isn't it?