Linguaholic

Do you know 2NE1?

Joo.K

Do you know 2NE1?

If you are interested in Korean idols, I think you know Big-bang and 2NE1. 2NE1 is the very famous Idol group in Korea. They became very famous in Korea as soon as they released their first album.

Most of Korean female idols tried to look cute by wearing wigs or weird clothes. However, 2NE1 was very different and special. They showed how powerful they are, and haven’t ever tried to look cute like other young idol girls. Frankly, they're not pretty like others, but nice. You can see their confidence while they are singing on the stage. The members in 2NE1 are good at speaking foreign languages. CL in the 2NE1, she can speak 4 different languages, and other members also can speak 2-3 languages.  They’re very smart, powerful and impressive.

Therefore, today we are going to learn Korean words through reading their lyric. Let’s start! :)

hey playboy, it's about time and your time's up.

I had to do this one for my girls you know,

sometime you gotta act like you don't care.

that's the only way you boys learn

Oh oh oh oh oh oh 2ne1 이야이야

Oh oh oh oh oh oh 2ne1 이야이야

니 옷깃에 묻은 립스틱들 나는 절대로 용서못해

립스틱(lipstick) ; its pronounce is same with English word ‘lipstick’.

용서 (Young sar); it means forgiveness.

매일 하루에 수십번 꺼져있는 핸드폰

매일 (Mae ill); it means everyday

변하지 않을것만 같아 oh oh

그저 친구라는 수많은 여자친구

여자친구(Yur Ja chin gu); it means girlfriends

날 똑같이 생각하지 마 I won't let it ride

이제 니 맘대로 해 난 미련은 버릴래

한땐 정말 사랑했는데 oh oh

가끔씩 술에 취해 전활 걸어 지금은 새벽 다섯시 반

술(Sul); it means alchol

넌 또 다른 여자애 이름을 불러 no no

I don't care 그만할래 니가 어디에서 뭘 하던

이제 정말 상관 안할게 비켜줄래

이제와 울고불고 매달리지마

cause I don't care e e e e e

I don't care e e e e e

I don't care e e e e e

Boy I don't care

다른 여자들의 다리를 훔쳐보는

다리(Da Lee); i means legs

니가 너무너무 한심해

매일 빼놓는 커플링 나 몰래 한 소개팅

커플링(couple rings); it also have same pronounce and meaning with English word

더 이상 못 참을 것 같아 oh oh

넌 절대 아니라는 수많은 나의 친구

친구(Chin gu); it means friends

난 너 땜에 친구들까지 다 잃었지만

차라리 홀가분해 너에게 난 과분해

내 사랑이라 믿었는데 oh oh

사랑(Sa Rang); it means love

오늘도 바쁘다고 말하는 너 혹시나 전화해봤지만

역시 뒤에선 여자 웃음소리가 들려 oh no

이제 정말 상관 안할게 비켜줄래

이제와 울고불고 매달리지마

I don't care e e e e e

I don't care e e e e e

Boy I don't care

난 너 땜에 울며 지새던 밤을 기억해 boy

밤(Bam); do you remember in my pott about PSY, i mentioned about the word '밤'. It means night.

더 후회할 걸 생각하면 맘이 시원해 boy

날 놓치긴 아깝고 갖기엔 시시하잖니

있을때 잘하지 너 왜 이제와 매달리니

속아준 거짓말만 해도 수백번

거짓말(Gur Zit Mal); it means a lie

오늘 이후로 난 남자 울리는 bad girl

이젠 눈물 한방울 없이 널 비웃어

눈물(Nun Mul); it means 'tear'

사랑이란 게임 속 loser

무릎꿇고 잘못을 뉘우쳐

아님 눈 앞에서 당장 꺼져

Now clap your hands to this

이제 정말 상관 안할게 비켜줄래

이제와 울고불고 매달리지마

you know I don`t care e e e e e

I don`t care e e e e e

you know I just don`t care e e e e e

I don`t care e e e e e

Boy I don`t care

you can watch their M/V in English Version!

Click the video!

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Actually, I have never heard about 2NE1 ;(

The video is cute...and one of those girls is wearing really weird white "sunglasses". :=)

The word for lipstick is 립스틱, right? You say it is pronounced the same as in English right? However, could you please tell me how it is written in Hangeul? Thank you !

Actually, I have never heard about 2NE1 ;(

The video is cute...and one of those girls is wearing really weird white "sunglasses". :=)

The word for lipstick is 립스틱, right? You say it is pronounced the same as in English right? However, could you please tell me how it is written in Hangeul? Thank you !

Yes :) It has same pronounce with the English word. Some English words just have been copied because Korean people have imported many products from America and they haven't had no idea to change the names of products in Korean. For example, 립 (=lip) 스(=s) 틱(=tic). the word 립스틱 was written down by its English pronounce :)

• 8 months later...

Sorry if I am pushing this post up. I am really into K-pop especially 2NE1! CL is my favorite member since I think she is the most talented and I think she is extremely pretty. I think the top main k-pop artist people will end up knowing are SNSD, Big Band, Psy, and 2NE1.

I hope people who are getting to like k-pop should listen to SHINee since they are my favorite band.

• 1 month later...

Yes, of course I know 2NE1! They are one of the most iconic Korean idol groups that have ever existed, especially since their style is quite unique compared to the rest of the artists in Korea. Now that their song, I Am The Best, is on the Surface Pro ad, they might become even more popular than they already are. I know there are a lot of people who don't like Bom, but I think she's cool!

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard of them, but I am having trouble following the lyric-lesson. I'm going to listen to the song and read this again; that should help in this case for my own learning. I'm not sure if parts of the song are just in English or they've been translated for the post.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard of them before but never really listened to them. My friends are such K-pop fans and they're always playing them. I remember I dance to this one song, I can't remember the name or the artist but it goes like this, "GGGG baby baby". I think it's quite popular and I had so much fun doing the dance.

• 3 months later...

I love kpop!

I'm getting more into Korean rap and hip hop though.  That's why I prefer groups like 2ne1, Big Bang, and Block B.  I also really like Drunken Tiger. 

Having that I love my Ballad groups like SHINee and TVXQ.

Also the "GGGG Baby baby" is by Girls Generation.

• 1 month later...

Oh yes! I knew 2NE1 way back in 2009, but I only closely followed them in 2010 because I was still mooning over Wonder Girls' "This Time." (But I am just a casual listener to Wonder Girls' songs).

I like 2NE1 because of their unique style. They have this "fierce" presence that cannot be denied. The song that I like the most is "Lonely." I had a hard time memorizing the lyrics, but I almost memorized it, except for Bom's part in the bridge.

In the "Crush" album, I love "Happy" because of the sad lyrics. Next to it are "Crush," "MTBD," and "Come Back Home." I love how their music videos also have concepts that relate to the song, not just random stuff thrown around just to make a music video. It will turn out that 2NE1's videos are very cohesive.

• 1 year later...

I love 2NE1, I like that YG Entertainment picks their performers based on talent rather than looks.  It always bothered me that some 2PM members openly say they were picked because they were attractive.  My favorite song from 2NE1 is probable Clap Your Hands and Lollipop that hey did with Big Bang.  I really like how fierce they are in comparison to other girl groups.  While I like the other girl groups like Girl's Generation and Wonder Girls, they kind of seem insincere with their over sweet innocent look.