Linguaholic

What is your favorite song in Spanish?!?

dapapas

My all-time favorite spanish song is "Tu y las Nubes" by Vincente Fernandez.

Growing up, I never really understood the song. But now that am older and more familiar with Spanish, I get it.

So this is my favorite song. What is/are your favorite/s song/s?

Heres a video of Tu y las nubes:

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

My favorite songs in Spanish are Christmas Carols :love:.They somehow sound more heartwarming and joyful in Spanish when compared to the English version :cool:.

My favorite songs in Spanish are Christmas Carols :love:.They somehow sound more heartwarming and joyful in Spanish when compared to the English version :cool:.

Christmas Carols? You know the only Christmas song that I've actually heard in Spanish (it has also English) is Feliz Navidad.

Do you have any suggestions for me to look up?

• 1 year later...

I will say La Bamba.  I have many Spanish language songs and artists that I love, but La Bamba holds a special place in my heart.  It was the first Spanish language song I ever heard and kickstarted my obsession with them.  Also, when my newborn daughter wouldn't calm down, I started singing La Bamba for her.  She stopped crying and fell asleep in my arms!  It worked every time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like a lot of songs in Spanish. Listening to songs is a great way for me to discover new words I've never heard in Spanish before! I love Bailando by Enrique Iglesias at the minute. I've liked it since it came out a couple of years ago. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a little piece of advice for everybody considering using songs as a way to practice their Spanish, please don't use reggaeton music :huh:, I have nothing against the genre the problem is that they use a Spanish that is completely broken, it is not even slang, I assume they actually invent words just to make sure the thing rhymes. 

I now, it is the cool thing right now but it will not work as a tool for practicing your language so if you like this urban style at least consider normal Spanish Hip Hop, they use complete sentences, a lot of interesting idioms and the vocabulary is extensive.

I would recommend sticking to Pop and romantic ballads, if you like Shakira try to listen to some of her early Spanish records, try to translate those lyrics for practicing. You know, back in the day she was more of an Alanis Morissette type in her lyrics and overall image, and not this huge pop start that she is know, her lyrics were quite intimate and had some depth.  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't listen to nearly enough Spanish music but I do have one song I especially like. I can't help loving Ex De Verdad by, I think, Ha-Ash. It's a very beautiful song that doesn't make me think of Spanish songs that people like to listen to in restaurants. There's something very real about the song that makes me just a little bit happier every time I hear it.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Spanish is my native tongue, I definitely have a ton of songs that I like, but there are some of them I like more than the others, such as Aunque no te pueda ver - Alex Ubago. I really love the way that guy sings, however, he hasn't composed any more songs ever since some years ago, but I'm pretty sure he's still around and sounding all around latin america and Spain.

• 1 month later...

My favorite song is still "El Problema" by Ricardo Arjona.  I started listening to him because he sings fairly clearly and I could understand the words.  I like a lot of his songs as well as Sin Bandera, Cheyenne, Alexandre Peres (Brazilian, but also sings in Spanish).

But when I'm shooting down the freeway, singing at the top of my lungs, it's still El Problema.