Linguaholic

You Tube Courses

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

If you are truly serious about learning the language I'd not bother with YouTube.  There are many good courses out there, like for example the ''For dummies'' series or the ''Teach Yourself'' ones.  If you want to get to speak the language quick then you should really try the Pimsleur method! 

You might not learn a lot grammar or how to spell the words with the Pimselur method, but you will surely get to speak the language fast!

• 1 month later...

My experience with YouTube options are that they're good up to a point. They allow you to get a flavor of a language and at least you get some visual aspect to it as well, rather than just listening. But you get what you pay for. If it's just the freebie approach then you should know that your learning is going to be limited.

I found one of the Spanish courses on YouTube that claim they can teach you within a few weeks or months and from the explanation they give it certainly sounds plausible. I'd recommend just searching for that if you can find it, if I recall correctly it is a video series that was uploaded about 2 years ago and it has a lot of positive comments so I'm inclined to believe the claims. Also it's one of the most popular results when you search for learning Spanish so it at least probably works for some people.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried this a long time ago but it didn't really work out for me. I don't know if it's because I picked a tutorial that didn't fit with my style of learning or if the tutorial itself was bad but I just ended up confused at the end, and then frustrated because I couldn't retain anything that was taught.

I think it's the fact that there's a sense of not being able to control my learning pace in a video, unless I pause and rewind and repeat. A lot of mental faculties are focused on that and it gets in the way of retention. Might just be me though.

Today I watched some videos by a professor who taught french at a bunch of different colleges. She even offers private lessons if you send her a message! I thought that was pretty cool and her videos are informative. Here is one of her videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsErE00ItH0

• 11 months later...

Youtube is my main source of tutorials but the problem is they are not complete or reliable if you are serious about becoming fluent with the language. I wonder if there is a reliable site that is for free where we can learn. I am thinking of a well-structured lessons.