Linguaholic

Who is your favorite bilingual celebrity?

True2marie

Many high profile people know more than one language. Who is your favorite bilingual celebrity.  Mine is Gilles Marini.  He speaks French and is oh so handsome.  This actor also seems to adore his wife and children.

Link to list of bilingual celebrities: http://www.celebratelanguages.com/celebs.html

gilles_marini_a_p.jpg

My favorite bilingual celebrity is Jessica Lopez :love:. she can really act, sing and dance. That somehow puts her above alot of other celebrity.

My favorite actress is Natalie Portman :)  She speaks 7 languages:  Hebrew, English. Some French, German, Japanese, Arabic and Spanish.  She was already bilingual when she was just 14 years old.  I think she went to Harvard, not sure, but I'm 100% sure she went to one of those big universities.  I really admire her and see her as a role model; she is so modest!!

I think I would have to go with Antonio Banderas for this one. His Spanish is so cool and he speaks English very well too! I love both his accents. I think they're all endearing and pretty mellow.

My favorite bilingual celeb has to be Shakira [the lady could sing!]. She actually speaks four languages: Spanish, English, Arabic and Italian. It's a pity she stopped singing the moment she got married to some Spanish footballer.

I read the title and didn't really know who I would say.  After seeing the comments I have to agree...Shakira is such a great entertainer and I read she is a wonderful real person.  Antonio Banderas seems fun and Gilles Marini..the picture says it all but glad to read he is a decent guy too.  So there is my trifecta, even if I had to borrow some...I certainly agree.

For me it has to be Lupita Nyong'o,,the Kenyan breakout star who featured on 12 Years a Slave.Her Kiswahili is fluent and her English is just wow!She also speaks Luo which is a native language in Kenya.

Has to be Christoph Waltz. Fluent in German, English and French, actually spoke all of them plus Italian in one movie alone (Inglourious Basterds).

Excellent choice Kotro! I really like Christoph Waltz. His language skills are great and he really is one of the best actors at the moment! I loved his performance in Inglorious Bastards and in Django! Just superb.

Excellent choice Kotro! I really like Christoph Waltz. His language skills are great and he really is one of the best actors at the moment! I loved his performance in Inglorious Bastards and in Django! Just superb.

And he's soooo handsome  :love: Speaking German is really attractive for me anyway  :angel:

I'm not this kind of person who cares a lot about celebrities, but I remember that Salma Hayek speaks something like four languages, including Arabic. It's pretty impressive...

• 2 weeks later...

Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion and Alanis Morisette are all bilingual singers in English and French as they come from Canada. That must be quite difficult, to be able to get the rhythm of the song just right in two different languages. Avril Lavigne even sang "I could be your girlfriend" in Japanese! I don't know if she actually speaks it, though, or just learnt the lyrics by heart for that one song.

Shakira, Enrique Iglesias and Paulina Rubio are also bilingual singers, in English and Spanish.