Linguaholic

Language/es you have truly enjoyed learning

Trellum

I have mentioned several times already: I'm currently learning dutch and not enjoying it at all.  That's right, I love learning languages, but never ever thought of learning that language. Now I'm learning it because I really have to, not because I want to. 

This made me think of the languages I'd really love learning, my absolute favorite is with no doubt the Norwegian language :)  It could be because I lived in Norway for a while in the past, or maybe because that language is really easy to learn!  I really don't know, all I know is I really enjoyed learning that language.

I forgot most of the Norwegian I learned in Norway, but I'd not hesitate to re-learn it all over again :)  Learning that language was really pleasurable and easy. 

What languages would you love to learn or have loved to learn?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I think that when we learn a language, we have to like it to a certain extent otherwise we won't truly learn said language. I've learned three languages in my life and I like all of them because I know that interest is a very important element when learning something.

Although I am not fluent in either languages, but I truly enjoyed learning French to Spanish. I believe that  for a person to enjoy learning anything there has to be some passion or interest for it. Try to focus on just learning Dutch and not the fact that you are not enjoying it. best of luck :smile:.

I think that when we learn a language, we have to like it to a certain extent otherwise we won't truly learn said language. I've learned three languages in my life and I like all of them because I know that interest is a very important element when learning something.

Not necessarily, if you read my thread you will realize I'm learning Dutch, but I'm not enjoying it at all and I'm not learning it because I want to, but because I really have to in order to move there.  I'm moving there for love, so 'm practically learning this language for love :) 

So as you can see no, not because a person is learning a language that means the person really like that language, that only applies when you are learning a language as a hobby, but since there are many reasons to learn a language... no, we can't generalize and say everyone learning  a language is doing it because they like said language.

Just look at all those persons trying to learn English, most of them don't enjoy it, but thy do it in hopes they might have a better future if they do so.