Linguaholic

Your name in Japanese

caparica007

I am not sure if I have seen this posted here on our forum, maybe if was just on my FB page, either cases it's funny lol.

10775_10151949245805892_1234658638_n.jpg

Katoteshiku just for the record!  :wacky:

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I've gotta say I don't think that's how it works, your name doesn't change when you say/write it in Japanese. Sure, maybe you can translate your name into it's basic definition then translate that to Japanese, but the chart would still be wrong in that case.

I've gotta say I don't think that's how it works, your name doesn't change when you say/write it in Japanese. Sure, maybe you can translate your name into it's basic definition then translate that to Japanese, but the chart would still be wrong in that case.

Hehe I think you might be taking this a bit too literally.

I think it's really funny!

Yep broknk, it's just a joke, in the title could well appear Chinese because for most of us there is not a big difference between Chinese and Japanese.  :tongue:

Haha that's cool!  :grin:

I remember there is something similar to this one circulating in the net back in 2010, I think it was Your Ninja Name or something where every alphabet has a corresponding sound, just like that one. I don't remember what my name was but it sound terrible.  :sick:

Yep broknk, it's just a joke, in the title could well appear Chinese because for most of us there is not a big difference between Chinese and Japanese.  :tongue:

Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, they're all the same to me but I know for a fact that if you mistook one for another, they sure not like it.

I think the chart is just for fun and not to be taken seriously, but it can be a good basis if you want a new username, lol!

Ha, right. Usernames are so hard to come by now and thinking a new one is pain without having them taken. This chart is definitely a great source for new usernames. :tongue:

LOL, this is funny, mine is ''Mekashikuto''.  Funny thread capa! I love this kind of games with letters are words, that's one of the few things I miss about Facebook, other than that bleh!  Facebook was quite fun back in the day, sometimes I miss it. Thanks for reminding me that... lots fond memories!

Hehe I think you might be taking this a bit too literally.

I think it's really funny!

It would be fairly easy to do the same thing for Chinese .=) It would probably take you 5 minutes to come up with the same structure  :grin:

I have always wondered what my name sounds like in Japanese. My name is Michael, if someone could help me to learn how to say my name in Japanese, I would really appreciate it. I would also like to learn how to say good morning, and goodnight in Japanese.

I'm pretty sure my name in Japanese would just be Niku. Which sounds like a girls name really. My full name actually fits into Japanese very well too. I always thought it would be funny if my name meant something really ridiculous in Japanese.

Ha, right. Usernames are so hard to come by now and thinking a new one is pain without having them taken. This chart is definitely a great source for new usernames. :tongue:

Tell me about it. This username was made out of frustration when I was creating a character for a certain online game. I am usually one of the early birds (open beta tester) in most online games so username is not a problem for me as I am the first one to use the nick that I usually use. But there is a certain online game that has been released way way back before I got into MMO games, so I was kinda late to the party and the username I always use is already taken, and almost all alphanumeric combinations of the nick I have tried has already been taken too. So out of frustration, I just typed in "l" till I reach the maximum allowed number of characters in a username and was finally able to create a character. Since then, I have been using this nick everywhere, be it games, forums, payment merchant accounts, etc. :laugh:

Sorry, kinda went off-topic there.  :beaten: