Linguaholic

4 Pictures 1 Word [ENGLISH]

Medza

Four pictures one word does sound like a uniquely wonderful game :amazed:. I like word games and especially the fact that it will enlarge my vocabulary. It is something that I know my whole family will enjoy. Thanks for the information.

• 1 month later...

I played this game a few months ago and I must say that it was fun, though it was a lot more challenging than I have thought. Some of them took me ages to guess and I even asked people around me if they had any idea of what the word was but nobody was able to help me. I gave up in the end because I was stuck for weeks on one of the level and I honestly had and never had an idea of what it was :(

Oh I love this game! It gives me a chance to show off my vocabulary.  :grin: Haha, but seriously, it's a pretty good way of learning words. And also learn about alternative meanings of words. Pretty cool game!  :smile:

4 Pictures 1 Word is an Android game where you are shown 4 pictures with a common theme and you have to guess the word that connects them. It really gets you thinking and sometimes it's not as straightforward as you think . As someone that is a native speaker, I still find certain levels difficult. This  app won't make you speak fluently, but it will definitely help you to expand your vocabulary. It's free to download from the Google Play store so give it a shot if you have an Android phone.

I just bought an Android the other day. I downloaded it and I have to say it is pretty fun to play around with.

I've never even heard of this app before but it certainly does sound like something that would be a lot of fun. I'm going to have to look for it because it would be a fun way to pass time when I'm bored and have nothing else going on.

• 2 weeks later...

This App sounds interesting. I do not have an iPhone, but hopefully I will be able to download this on my Samsung tablet soon! I am fluent in English (it is my first language), but looking to expand my vocabulary as I graduate college soon and join the workforce. Do you think this App would be of help to me?

• 2 months later...

I have heard about it, it seems like a really fun to play game, but I haven't tried it.  I think I should tho, since I really need to grow my English vocabulary and the idea behind this game sounds quite fun!  We need more games like this; that teach you something while you have fun or you're just trying to pass the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool thread! I have recently seen someone posting this kind of thing on facebook and already then I was thinking that it was pretty cool.

I googled it today and I found this homepage here:

http://4pics1word-answers.com/

I guess this is what the fuzz is all about  :wacky: You can play the game online there as well. Some of them are rather difficult if you ask me  :frozen:

cool,  I saw my daughter playing this game and it makes me look twice. It was so cool she and her friends sat and trying to guess what the pictures represent. I would encourage all young person and students to get this game it helps to stimulate the brain and keep it actively working in something that is good.

• 1 month later...

I love this app! While I'm no English native speaker, I've considered myself fairly good with my English vocabulary. This app just made me learn humility, haha! Indeed there are entries that are difficult to solve. I highly recommend this app, too.

I downloaded this game/app on my phone once I upgraded to smartphone and I got instantly hooked. It is a fun game at the same time you get to exercise your thinking cells because of how you analyze the 4 photos together.

I definitely agree that this app is an excellent app to learn vocabulary. I've mentioned before that with this app, you would really have second thoughts about your vocabulary bank. You'll start with the notion that it's an easy enough game because you're fluent with English, until the game proves you wrong. This game generally helps me figure out the name of a certain picture, by merely recognizing the name of a different picture. (That is, the 4 pictures share the same name!)

I am familiar with that game although I do not have that on my mobile. Some of my friends like to play that a lot and sometimes they are asking me for the answer but of course they play better than me. I think it can be considered as an educational game and could help someone learn new words/phrases.