Linguaholic

German in USA says Hi!

MoonshineSally

Hello,

I have just found this forum today and wanted to say a quick hello.

I am a 50 year old female from Germany, married to an American, and we live in a rural area in the Northeastern USA. Very far away from any place you have ever heard of...

Besides English I have learned French at school, but haven't used that since 1980. So I guess that can be considered "forgotten". Although, when I watch a movie with Daniel Auteuil or Audrey Tautou, then I think it comes back a bit... But it is never enough to last...

I am also pretty good (but nowhere perfect!) in Dutch, and my Swedish is half OK. It always depends on my contacts. Right now I have a Dutch friend, so I have the opportunity to chat in Dutch, and that way I can learn more.

Once I had forgotten my Dutch, but my Swedish was fresher, because at the time I had a Swedish friend. That is how it goes. German is my native language, and English I have been using every single day for the last 35 years, so that's why I am pretty fluent in those tongues, and I am probably not in danger to totally forget them...

I have been looking around here on this forum already, and I do like it so far!