Linguaholic

Polyglots

zcrooks322

Hello!

I feel pretty confident that most people here have seen the video of the young polyglot

speaking 20 different languages. (Here is a link in case you need to refresh your

memory:

)

Needless to say, he makes me quite jealous!

I grow suspicious, however, that this skill isn't as rare as what it appears to be. I

would like to think that anybody, with a great deal of hard work, would be able to

attain the same skills as shown in the video.

I know there are a lot of people out here that have this skill. Could you please

enlighten me as to how I could go about being able to quicken my language learning

process? I think I would be up to the challenge because of my background and my drive

to learn languages.

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Dear zcrooks322

You are right. There is already a thread about this guy and this exact video. Please have a look here:

http://linguaholic.com/general-discussion/new-york-teenage-prodigy-speaks-20-languages!

best wishes

lingua

Dear zcrooks322

You are right. There is already a thread about this guy and this exact video. Please have a look here:

http://linguaholic.com/general-discussion/new-york-teenage-prodigy-speaks-20-languages!

best wishes

lingua

Just thought I'd mention that when I click on the link I go back to the General Discussion home page, rather than a post.

This video is super inspiring. Thanks for the link.

Yeah, the link sends me back to the main page. By the way, I didn't know about the guy before so thanks for pointing the video out again. Yes, I do agree that anyone can achieve this given enough effort but for him, it's definitely a natural talent because I doubt anyone his age can do that.