Linguaholic

Writing Ebooks

I believe my English has improved dramatically. So much so, that I've started working on ebooks. I'm in dire need on publishers. Can anyone recommend any of the good publishers you may know? I heard Amazon is one.  :wink:

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Yes, I heard Amazon is one, but there are several others included. I think iTunes although not sure. But other media outlets for sure. If you are going the super professional way, then check out this article on Forbes. It talks about ebook publishing and lists the best publishers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeremygreenfield/2013/04/24/which-publishers-are-the-best-at-selling-ebooks-in-2013/

Good luck!

I definitely think Amazon is a good one. They have a nice platform that makes publishing easy, and you can even get involved in a program in which they will promote your e-book for you. I know a few people who make a nice sum each month from writing e-books, so it's definitely worth a try! Good luck!

I'm planning to do the same maybe when I have my vacation. Amazon and other sites who advertise is a great way to publish your ebook. Go through boards especially local one's that relate to the ebook that you will publish and post them there. Amazon is the best way currently as of today to publish an ebook.

I would definitely go for amazon because it promotes your book for you, people can leave reviews and can download the book right into their kindle. I know many people who have done very well on amazon with self publishing. 

I suppose you're looking for the best place to SELL your e-book. After all publishing it is as easy as converting the raw text into pdf format. After that you'll need to sell your book. There are sites which you can sign up on, upload your book [they may have software that will convert it to many file formats] and they charge a small commission for each sale you make.

Here's the list. Not comprehensive but worth checking out.

http://payhip.com

http://lulu.com

http://smashwords.com

Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.

This is like a really good idea. I didn't know that there are such services available. I wrote an e-book a few years ago but had nowhere to publish it. After changing computers, my copy of it is lost. Too bad I didn't know about these sites before, I'll be sure to check them out if I ever do another e-book.

That is really a sad story Daimashin, you lost the only copy of your book??  :dead:

Publishing a book is not easy, an e-book is probably easier, you have the classic "door-to-door" option when you try to set up meetings with publishing houses or send them to Amazon, or else you can publish it yourself.

This is like a really good idea. I didn't know that there are such services available. I wrote an e-book a few years ago but had nowhere to publish it. After changing computers, my copy of it is lost. Too bad I didn't know about these sites before, I'll be sure to check them out if I ever do another e-book.

That's horrible. I would be heartbroken if I lost an entire ebook like that. From now on, make sure that you use the cloud or something to back it up. Then, if something happens to your computer, you'll still be able to access your ebook!

That's horrible. I would be heartbroken if I lost an entire ebook like that. From now on, make sure that you use the cloud or something to back it up. Then, if something happens to your computer, you'll still be able to access your ebook!

Yes, it felt devastating. All the efforts and time I put on it were all gone. I've used up all my creative juice to finish it and all of it gone because the harddrive broke. This is the reason why I couldn't bring myself to do another e-book again.

I too have heard good feed back on Amazon.  It seems that in addition to others I see above, there are others entering the market.  I would suggest you "shop" and decide which you think would give your book the most exposure.

As to Daimashin, there are services that can try and recover a hard drive (assuming you still have it) the technology keeps improving and I have actually used it with a good result.

Amazon is definitely a great way to go. The biggest thing is that you advertise your book. It doesn't matter where you put your book if nobody knows about it. So it would probably be best to have a twitter/facebook and whatever other social media you can get for your book. Find ways to advertise that aren't spam. People hate spam.