Linguaholic

Ever used LingQ in learning any language?

Denis Hard

It's a language learning site uses the same model that vocabulary.com uses to help people learn words faster by exposing you to the words you're learning more and more to the point where the words and their meanings get fixed in your mind.

http://www.lingq.com/

LingQ breaks down the barriers that prevent people from learning languages. We LingQ ("link") you to a world of authentic content and an online community of learners and native speaker tutors.

Everyone learns to speak their native language. Why not use the same approach with a second language?

Sounds like a great site, just wondering if anyone here has used it.

I took a quick look at the site, and it certainly looks interesting. However, the fact that you have to pay for a membership in order to access its full features will probably deter some from making use of it.

Thanks for sharing!

Yep, thanks for the share. I've never used it and I have some reservations about online courses, I think that might take us only half way, but for a starter why not, I'd use all free resources available. ;)

I have heard about LingQ several times now. I just had a quick look and I do have to say that I am not impressed about it. First of all, the design of the website is quite boring. Secondly (on the german website of lingQ, I just read some testimonials and I found at least 3 mistakes in three very short testimonials. This kind of thing does not really speak for the quality of a website if you ask me....but well, maybe I am wrong :=)

Could be all that talk about LingQ being great and all is just a marketing gimmick. If getting language students to pay for their service is their goal [and I'm now convinced it is -those phony testimonials spell S-C-A-M]] they have to lay it on quite thick. Considering the fact that there are better [free] language learning sites on the net, I guess I'll give LingQ a wide berth. 

Well, some sites do expect its members to pay for the membership and still have many people using them. I've just registered (with a throwaway e-mail, in case they enjoy spamming) and I'm doing my first lesson. Honestly, it looks neat so far. I might edit my post later.

Edit: ok, the lesson itself is very nice, but it seem I can't add words to the list of known words? I don't know whether it's something wrong with my browser or because it's not a free feature? But I'm not getting any messages wanting me to pay for it...