Linguaholic

G2narat here trying to learn Visayan/Cebuano

g2narat

Hi! G2narat here, I think I can still be considered a newbie even if this isn't my first post,right? I got too excited posting here that I forgot to even introduce myself. Ah, where are my manners? Anyway, allow me to rectify this situation with this post. I'm from the Philippines, though I spent a big part of my childhood in France. I returned to the Philippines  at age 10. I just moved from Manila to Mindanao so I am now learning the local dialect which is Visayan.  :happy2:

Hey G2narat

I am happy to hear that you are excited about posting here at www.linguaholic.com. I hope you will be able to improve your skills in Visayan. I don't know anything about the language/dialect, however I know that we have quite a lot of people from the Philippines here in the forums! So good luck with that!

Thank you for introducing yourself  :yoyo:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello g2narat, welcome to the forum! I also don't know anything about that dialect, since I was born and raised in Manila, but I hope you can meet someone who can teach you in this forum. And just a suggestion, in MIRC there is a Cebu channel over there, so try to check it out, you might meet someone there who can help you learn Visayan.

Hi G2narat, mabuhay! it's good to meet someone from the philippines, I don't really know how to speak cebuano, just few words. I was interested in learning it before because I have a friend from cebu but then it did not happen. Anyway I hope you will enjoy being a member here. You will learn a lot from here. :happy2:

Oh thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I'm so sorry it took this long for me to reply but I thought I'd get a notification whenever someone replied to a thread I made so I never bothered to recheck. Good thing I decided to look back in the introductions forum and I found that mine had replies already! Anyway, I have been enjoying it here and to be honest got a bit sidetracked on my quest to learn Cebuano! I have been enjoying interacting so much that I kind of forgot to ask for a Cebuano tutor. My real life Cebuano learnings have been going well so far so it looks like I can continue to allow myself to get side tracked here :)

Hey G2narat, new member here as well who just happens to be fluent in Cebuano Visayan. I say Cebuano Visayan since I often hear that there are quite a few differences in Visayan when it comes to different regions. Feel free to message me with any questions! Cheers!