Linguaholic

The most beautiful french words

Nig

People always ask me "what is the most beautiful word in French" ?

For me, one of the most beautiful words in French is the word « aéroport » which means airport. I like the word « aéroport », because airports are places where you can meet people of different countries and different cultures. In 2013, the biggest airport in France, « Aéroport Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle » has hosted 62 millions of passengers.

For you, what is the most beautiful word in French ?

• 3 weeks later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I really love the word "bijoux" which means jewelry and the word "papillon" which means butterfly. French is such a beautiful language, sometimes I just like saying the words to hear them! I think it's much more beautiful sounding than English, although every language has beautiful words and sounds.

• 1 month later...

I'm particulalry fond of 'ennui'. It's not beautiful in the sense that it is pleasant to hear, though it certainly isn't grating. For one it's beautifully tragic how it so succinctly defines an era of disenfranchised and dismayed french youth struggling for reform in the 60s. Plus, I just like to be a bit gloomy sometimes  :devil: :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

People always ask me "what is the most beautiful word in French" ?

For me, one of the most beautiful words in French is the word « aéroport » which means airport. I like the word « aéroport », because airports are places where you can meet people of different countries and different cultures. In 2013, the biggest airport in France, « Aéroport Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle » has hosted 62 millions of passengers.

For you, what is the most beautiful word in French ?

My most favourite French words are "chuchoter" and "murmurer" meaning "to whisper" and "to murmur". I like the way the sounds glide over your tongue.!

Another cool word is "phénomène" meaning "phenomenon"!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I really like the word ''Soir'', I liked it when I head someone say in a movie ''ce soir...''.  I thought it sounded very cool and mysterious at the same time. I like how different the way is written is from the way it's pronounced. So cool!

My favorite french word has always been and will probably always be Cheri which means dear or sweetheart. I learned it earlier on in life in terms of usage but the definition never complete sank in for me until I was an adult and knew more about passion and love. Now that I do I love the word even more and I feel giddy whenever I hear other people use it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally like the sound of ce soir as well and I like Pardon, Un moment and this one Au secours is my absolute favorite! I like the way in which it is pronounced (o-skoor) meaning Help!