Linguaholic

Resources for immersion

Hedonologist

• 3 months later...

I honestly do not know, Hedonologist, as I have found it very hard to find anything for immersion into Irish Gaelic language. Since I live here in America, it's REALLY hard to find anything. Haven't got the foggiest clue as to where you might be on the big blue globe, but I understand the problem.

What is RTE?

• 1 year later...

A bit late to the party, but I will share my resources. I've been a casual (sometimes serious) learner of Irish for about five years now and it's taken a lot of trial and error to find good websites! Hopefully this list will help someone else.

TG4 - Irish language TV. (You can stream many of the shows in North America. Check out the dramas, especially Ros na Rún and Corp + Anam!)

Nós Magazine. (Both online and in print - it has a lovely sleek design and modern feel)

Raidió Fáilte Podcasts. (Podcast lessons, along with regular interviews and radio programs. Mostly in the Ulster dialect)

Pota focal Glossary (This is a dictionary, but so much more. After typing in a word or phrase, hit the tab that says "Beo!" and you can find examples of the word used in Irish language texts across the web. One of my favorite tools!)

Talk Irish. (Word a day site - there are several hundred proverbs and words used in sentences, with accompany mp3s for each one). 

Vicipéid - Irish Wikipedia. (This is awesome! It's not the most comprehensive thing ever, but it's really neat that it even exists, and there is opportunity for growth)

I'm sure I have more if anyone is interested, but this should be a good starting point. 

• 11 months later...

Those are some great sites.  Thanks!
If it helps any, I set my Facebook language to Gaeilge.  It has really helped me.  Even the feelings you can put with your posts are in Gaelige, and sometimes I have to look at the faces to learn what some of the words mean.  If you check your Facebook often, like I do, you'll see the words repeated over and over.