Linguaholic

Short Dialogs and Useful Patterns

Katrink

barcelonetaneta.jpg

Contextual dialogs are often used on various courses, because it is the most effective method to memorize common words and phrases. Dialogs can be learned by heart. It is like a basic structure. If you memorize a dialog, then you may insert different words in it, depending upon the situation.

I want you to offer such scenario:

First of all, you read and translate unknown words, check pronunciation (for this I will give Romaic transliteration). It would be excellent if somebody could help you with a dialog. If you have such person, so ask him or her to take any role. Nobody wants to study Russian? At any rate, do not get disappointed and learn both roles. I mean speech of the first and second character.

And finally, improvise using new phrases. Insert another words in the sentences. This way of learning spoken Russian is very easy and sometimes even funny. Try to reproduce short dialogs in your free time. So go on now.

Dialog #1

Planning a Holliday

A: What are you planning to do for your holiday?

Что ты собираешься делать во время отпуска?

Čto ty sobiraeš´sâ delat´ vo vremâ otpuska?

B: I have not yet made up my mind. If the weather is fine, I will go to the seaside for two or three weeks. And what are your plans?

Я еще не решил. Если погода будет хорошая, то я поеду на море на две или три недели. А у тебя какие планы?

eŝe ne rešil. Esli pogoda budet horošaâ, to â poedu na more na dve ili tri nedeli. A u tebâ kakie plany?

A: As a matter of fact I always spend my holiday in Barcelona.  This place is worth visiting.  Do you agree with me?

На самом деле, я всегда отдыхаю в Барселоне. Это место стоит посетить. Ты согласен со мной?

Na samom dele, â vsegda otdyhaû v Barselone. Èto mesto stoit posetit´. Ty soglasen so mnoj?

B: I quite agree with you. We have tried many sea-side places. However, my wife and I prefer Barcelona beaches.  The climate is mild and the sea is beautiful.

Я согласен. Мы были на нескольких морских побережьях. Однако нам с женой нравится Барселона. Там мягкий климат и прекрасное море.

soglasen. My byli na neskol´kih morskih poberež´âh. Odnako nam s ženoj nravitsâ Barselona. Tam mâgkij klimat i prekrasnoe more.

A: But it is difficult to find reliable travel agency to order the trip.

Но сложно найти хорошее туристическое агентство, чтоб заказать тур.

No složno najti horošee turističeskoe agentstvo, čtob zakazat´ tur.

B: I suppose I can help you and send you in email contact information of my travel agent.

Я думаю, что смогу тебе помочь и вышлю по электронной поте контактные данные моего агента. 

dumaû, čto smogu tebe pomoč´ i vyšlû po èlektronnoj pote kontaktnye dannye moego agenta. 

A: It will be very kind of you. I suggest that we go to Barcelona together.

Это будет очень любезно с твоей стороны. Я предлагаю поехать вместе в Барселону.

Èto budet očen´ lûbezno s tvoej storony. Â predlagaû poehat´ vmeste v Barselonu.

B: Good idea. I will talk it with my wife and see what she thinks about it.

Хорошая идея. Я поговорю со своей женой и посмотрим что она думает по этому поводу.

Horošaâ ideâ. Â pogovorû so svoej ženoj i posmotrim čto ona dumaet po ètomu povodu.