Linguaholic

My new **Chinese language forum** needs your help !!!

linguaholic

Dear all

As it is my passion to learn and study Chinese, I created another website, namely a "Chinese language learning forum". The website URL is www.chinese-please.com

If you are studying Chinese (or if you are just interested in the language or maybe would like to learn it in the future) and of course if you are native Chinese speaker, it would be highly appreciated if you could register and support this new forum  ! I will do my best to make this forum as popular and enjoyable as www.linguaholic.com!

Thank you for the support!

URL: www.chinese-please.com

Support this forum from DAY ONE  :grin:

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Seeing as how I'm looking to improve my Chinese, your forum will certainly be of big help. I took a quick look at it, and I really like your comprehensive list of online resources for learning Chinese.

Hopefully more people will join in the learning experience!

Thank you for those kind words JohnSword.

Rest assured that the forum will grow pretty fast  :grin:

It's brand new now, it's online since yesterday, so obviously it is still terribly empty :=)

:grin:

Thank you Peninha

The layout is still very basic though. A new, custom-made design is already under construction and might also contain some real "hand-drawn" symbols and banners.  :grin:

Glad that you are going with IPB, its really a great forum software. You need to customize the theme a bit, and also add some content, its quite empty for now. I may join it later.

You are completely right shamz. As I said, I created the forum a couple of days ago, so rest assured that it will change A LOT in the next few weeks / month. I am currently working on a really nice design for it and my friend will even draw something for it. thank you for having a look at it and telling me what you think about it.

Hey Daimashin

You could just post your things here :

http://www.chinese-please.com/index.php/forum/2-learn-mandarin-chinese/

I will create more and more sub forums and will move the threads to the according (new sub forum) at a later stage, if necessary!

Thank you Peninha

The layout is still very basic though. A new, custom-made design is already under construction and might also contain some real "hand-drawn" symbols and banners.  :grin:

A custom made design would give it a new dimension I give you that, even though if you make some Chinese characters, it will look great!

Hi! Congratulations! I so would want to learn how to speak and write Chinese. I'll definitely check your forum out! Great job! Keep the passion burning!  :party:

Definitely, congratulations. This is a good thing you have going. I've always wanted to learn Chinese and this is a great opportunity. China seems to be a fast growing super power country of the world and I'm heading there some time in the near future. Thank you for the help you will give. Am gonna join now.  :happy2:

I've just signed up!

(This is what happens when I don't check in on here frequently.)

It's nice to have an entire forum devoted to the language since it can be so tough to get into.  Thanks for making it!  I hope to be fairly active over there.

I've just signed up!

(This is what happens when I don't check in on here frequently.)

It's nice to have an entire forum devoted to the language since it can be so tough to get into.  Thanks for making it!  I hope to be fairly active over there.

Sounds good Polaroidsredwine. I will upload the new design for the forum very soon (tonight or tomorrow)! It will look much much cooler than it does now (at the moment it still runs on the standard theme). I hope you will all enjoy the custom theme. I am sure you will though  :wacky:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well done with the new forum linguaholic, I've just checked it and it's looking really good. You have already some great debates going on, I wish it can grow as much as this one!  :wink:

Wow, that looks pretty cool and maybe I'll join.

I kind of go back and forth between wanting to learn Asian languages. I think, in the future, Chinese could be pretty useful, and actually tried to actively learn it at one point. Other times I think it'd be cooler to learn Korean since I'm into taekwondo. There are also the times I take a look at all their symbols and then get overwhelmed and think, "Yeah, right." I haven't even conquered Spanish yet!

Maybe a special site will boost my motivation! :)

• 1 month later...

The new forum looks very nice and I'll have to keep it in mind for later. But I want to learn Spanish, at least, before I go delving into any Asian languages.

Good luck on your endeavor, though!