Linguaholic

Where do you like to study?

Hedonologist

Personally I prefer in my house, using on the sofa or at a desk. For some reason I cannot stand learning in the library, or any other public place. I'm not sure why but I generally need solitude. I can learn with 1 or two other people but certainly not with many more in the room. I suppose I've also been an auto math and that's just the way it is.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I like to study in the library. It is one of the few places I can clear my mind and just focus. I have always loved visiting the library ever since I was a kid. It was so exciting to go to a place that would let you borrow books for free. I couldn't wrap my head around that.

I prefer to also study in my house while lying on my bed. I assimilate more when I study like this.

Don't you find that the others in the library distract you. Not necessarily by noise, but just by moving around and being there. I find that the vastness of the library also amplifies a lot of the background noise. This coupled with the fact that library chairs are not the most comfortable makes it a bad environment for me.

I prefer to study in the library and in other places where you can read without getting disturbed. The library is a really good place which I've only used recently because our Elementary and High-Schools had no library before.

I usually study at home when it's quiet. If there is good weather I enjoy studying in a big public park under a tree for example, it's really relaxing and the nature sound help me to think.

I suppose the only worry there is sudden change of weather. You certainly wouldn't want to get caught out in the rain, especially is you had books out with you. Having said that I've studied in the garden before, it certainly can be relaxing.

I usually study at home but I really like studying at a café, I usually go to Barnes and Nobel to study and sometimes the library. I hate studying at home because I can never get focused and my family is too loud!

Personally I prefer in my house, using on the sofa or at a desk. For some reason I cannot stand learning in the library, or any other public place. I'm not sure why but I generally need solitude. I can learn with 1 or two other people but certainly not with many more in the room. I suppose I've also been an auto math and that's just the way it is.

There are many good places to study, you just have to look for three things when finding a good study place. Comfort, appropriate noise levels and information access. Studying in my room passes all of the qualification  of a good study place. It is quiet because I sleep solo, I studied in my jammies, I go from bed to floor, any area in my room is good for me and I am plugged into the net so my info is top notch. 

I personally like to study by myself alone. It is when I'm alone I really get concentrated on the task at hand. Other than that it is also nice sometimes to study with friends so that you can speak to eachother in the language you are learning. 

For learning a new language, I prefer to be isolated in a room or at least somewhere no one will hear me practice my pronunciations as I will get shy if I knew someone was listening to me fumble around.  :shy: If I'm just studying in general, though, I'd prefer to be in a library. I like the atmosphere of libraries and I think it helps me focus a lot more there than if I were at home with lots of distractions and it's a little too comfortable.

I prefer studying alone and in a quiet room with good lighting. I don't study so well with others because one of us will tend to get off topic or fool around. I don't listen to music while studying also because I'm a music-lover and I tend to focus deeply on the music, the lyrics and the beats rather than studying.

• 1 month later...

I mostly study in libary and in my room. I might even pick libary over my room because there are many distractions in my room. I like studying somewhere quiet so I can totally focus on what I'm studying and have full concentration. I guess I could never study somewhere outside where is noisy.

I like to learn at home in my bedroom where I'm alone at a peace. My house can be a bit crazy sometimes, so it would be impossible to learn something there. I wouldn't be able to learn in a library either because I like to speak out my words when I learn them, otherwise they won't stick in my head.

• 7 months later...

I like to study in the library. My library's fifth floor is quiet and I like working in quiet. But sometimes I go to the other floors where I am able to talk so I can study and interact with others. But the library in general puts me into this certain mode where I actually get my work done.

I prefer to study alone, whether at home or in the library. One thing I don't like is having distractions while studying.  I wouldn't mind studying with friends as long as they respect my space and let me study in peace.