Linguaholic

Ever try reading and choose your own adventure story?

CeliVega

Ladies and Gentlemen......I present you.......*drum rolls*

http://chooseyourstory.com/

It's a great site with a wide selection of interactive stories that you can take part in!

I personally recommend stories by Endmaster: http://chooseyourstory.com/member/?Username=EndMaster

Well then, have fun everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Oh. I thought you were talking about books that have a choose your adventure type of genre. I read a book once of the Goosebumps series where they let you choose your adventure and it was really fun and scary at the same time.

Ah, this reminds me of the old days where I "saved" my adventure by sticking my fingers inbetween the pages, and you had to read the books a few times taking different paths to get all the endings.

I kinda prefer the physical copies though, the feel of the book is nice, and there were no pictures so you had to imagine all the exciting stuff that was happening!

I remember reading "choose your own adventure" type of books when I was younger! Those were a lot of fun. I don't have the patience for them now though. Maybe this new internet-version will change my mind. We shall see...

Thanks for sharing this, I had heard about this kind of stories, but to be honest I had never had the chance to try it.  I just checked one out and it seems like is a really good way to pass the time when you are bored and have nothing else to do.  I liked this story ''snow'', a little too short, but hopefully I can find a longer one. 

• 2 months later...

I always loved those kind of books! I'd read through them like a regular book and try to piece together the beginning and end of whatever page I was on. I feel that helped with my critical thinking and I could sort of predict what was going to happen.

This is another great site that hosts wonderful choose-your-own adventure stories.

I'm a huge fan of them, and I think the shift to digital CYOA stories has been the best development that could've possibly happened; it's like CYOA novels were made for a digital platform. Holding one's spot in a physical book and flipping to different pages all the time certainly was annoying, in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never tried one of these stories before now. At first I didn't really understand what was meant by choosing your own adventure. It is a fun way to pass the time and even get a little creative too.

• 4 weeks later...

I've read R.L. Stine's Goosebumps (Choose your own adventure) wherein I can choose what happens or what is the next thing I'm to do in a particular situation by going to the next page I selected. It's a fun read because I wouldn't know what my ending would be and it makes me feel like I'm actually part of the story.

Thanks for sharing that link!

• 2 months later...

Oh this is fun! I just came back from visiting and choosing a story. When we were kids, my cousin had a book like this. You choose one of the options and turn to the page stated on your choice. I remember that my character always ended up dying when I read those books. They are very fun though.

That was really exciting, thanks for this. If anyone is trying this for the first time, 'Snow' seems to be short and will give you an idea about how it works. If you like it, then try out the other longer ones, and create your own story. Enjoy!