Linguaholic

In your opinion whats the easiest and most efficient way to learn a new language

marmunmrhundun

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I think the best way is to diverse your learning. For example, I think you get the most benefit if you used different methods and utilized each one to the best of its ability. Say if you wanted to learn German, you could pick up the basics online then take a trip to Germany, use flash cards etc.

The best way is to learn the alphabet first so you can just read and learn on your own when it is applicable. Otherwise, if you can already read and learn a particular language on your own and already have a grasp of some key words and phrases, then the next step would be to talk to someone regularly using that language. I think the most efficient way to learn is by repetition and dedication. By practicing regularly, you will eventually get the new language ingrained into your memory and it will eventually become second nature, thus lessening the probability of forgetting it.

Ah, I've not thought of learning the alphabet and I definitely will do now so thank you for suggesting that. I hadn't thought of how helpful that could be.

I think the best way to learn a language is to be in the country and only allow yourself to speak that language. Even if you start off as a blubbering idiot. People will help you out and I believe this is the best and quickest way to learn.

I would highly recommend duolingo which is a website which has courses for a number of languages. The audio-visual method this website employs for teaching languages is highly effective and they make learning languages a fun exercise. I tried learning french with the help of this website and I was hugely impressed by their methods. And the best part is, that it is completely free.

It depends on the purpose of learning the language. If you don't intend to do any reading or writing in the language you're learning then it would be best to actually, if you can, move to a place where the language is spoken and learn it directly from the native speakers. That IMO is the easiest way to learn a language.

I think the best way is by having conversations with people who speak the language fluently. That helped me a lot more with Spanish than classes and software ever did. You learn how to actually speak it in the way that it's meant to be spoken, and you can use your context clues to figure out the words.

The best way is to have a boyfriend/girlfriend that speaks the language you're learning. Not everyone can do that though so it's good to make sure you're around the language as much as possible. Read books and newspapers, listen to music, watch movies, and find friends (either in person or online) that you can talk to. Also, try to travel to where you can use the language as much as you can.

Getting as immersed in as you can with speakers who are native speakers or fluent in the language.  Learn to read it at the same time - it helps me to be able to read it and improves my ability to speak it.

I've heard this is the easiest and most efficient way. When you really have no other choice but to learn and speak the language then you're gonna pick it up a lot faster than if you were at home, studying every day yet still conversing in your native language

I think the fastest way of learning a language is by speaking it with a native speaker. For example, if you have a friend from England, you should try talking to him very often. Try to make friends on the internet that speak the same language as you.

Also, listen to music / watch films / play games where they talk in that language. It will become easier. Good luck and have fun!