Linguaholic

Are there any people who are willing to learn Romanian?

Lithium

I can teach you the basic things. Maybe a few expressions and words. Later, I can teach you grammar basics. Just tell me if you want to learn, and maybe you'll teach me your language basics as well!  :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I would to like to learn it. I heard this language first time in a song by Cleopatra stratan. It was amazing :D . I don't know whether you have heard that song. If not, please check out that Gita song by her.

And I am willing to teach Malayalam. It is my native language (of Kerala, India)

It's very nice to know that there are other foreigners who know things about my country such as music and culture. I am very proud to be a Romanian.

However, since I don't have that much free time, I think I won't be able to teach you anything new or good.

It's very nice to know that there are other foreigners who know things about my country such as music and culture. I am very proud to be a Romanian.

However, since I don't have that much free time, I think I won't be able to teach you anything new or good.

I only know about that cute girl because her music was good and she was the youngest in the world to release a commercial album. I hope to learn from you in your free time.

I'd love to learn Romanian one day. It sounds very different from other Romance languages. Kind of like a mix of a couple different languages. It's fairly difficult and there's some other languages I'd like to learn first but it's definitely one I'm considering for the future.

I remember when I first heard of Romania, it was mentioned in Harry Potter because Ron's brother Charlie was studying dragons in Romania. I just remember thinking the word sounded cool and exotic sounding. At that point I wasn't even sure if it was a real place or a fictional place, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I am learning German and Dutch but I do plan to expand my knowledge of European languages in the future. Romanian is most definitely one of the languages I intend to learn. I know nothing about Romanian, although I do a couple of things about the country. Is there a need for me to read a few basic, conversational phrases before I/we learn from you? Also, how do we contact you? (I use Skype)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm up for learning the basic of Romanian language as I do have few Romanian friends who speak very well in English. Are you interested learning some Malay? Malay is not my mother tongue but it is a national language in my country. My mother tongue language is Dusun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It's interesting that someone brought up the use of Romanian, it's a shame that you say you couldn't teach anything good or new. I volunteer to give a hand, people feel free to throw questions at me.

To begin with some basics:

Buna ziua = Good day (pronounced [boona zeewa] )

Salut      = Hello        (pronounced [saloot])

These are all good conversation openers.

If you want to see some interesting films set in Romania I give you a couple of suggestions to begin with:

"Transilvania" and "Latcho Drom" both by Tony Gatlif