Linguaholic

Are you actually....

linguaholic

Are you actually writing things down on your hands (body)? It does not necessarily have to be related to language learning :grin: I am talking about any kind of notes:=)  I know quite a lot of people who actually write down telephone numbers and other short info on their hands/arms. It also seems to be pretty popular to do that for cheating at exams and such  :grin:

Does anybody remember the guy (main actor) from the film called 'Memento'?. He is suffering from short-time memory loss and that is why he writes down important info on his body...really good movie by the way :cool:

I write notes and stuff on my arms and hands all the time. Mostly phone numbers or addresses. Memento was a great movie, but I wouldn't go as far as the main character did by tattooing notes on his body..

Oh yes, the time when I did that quite often was when I was still studying, most especially in high school. I would write down the "cheat notes" on my palm so that during exams I can just peek into it, lol.

I haven't written anything on my hands for a long time!

I used to write a to do list on my hand when in secondary school. I was very forgetful, and I always forgot to check my notepad for upcoming tasks or tests.

Writing everything on my hand made me remember all the important things.

I was sometimes left with blue ink on my face after sleeping on my hand though :P

I never wrote anything on my limbs before. Ink is very hard to get rid of. No matter how I rub it with soap, it never comes off completely. I do know that some of my friends did it last time to get girl's phone numbers. They don't need to anymore since phones are so advanced now.

I never really wrote anything on my hands before, due to the fact that I have sweaty hands.

Nowadays, with people are carrying around their mobile phones all the time, I think writing on one's hands has become quite a thing of the past.

I sometimes do but not that often. I still haven't given up on my dream to write a great story one day so I, most of the time, walk around with a note book and a pen. You know . . . just in case something comes up. I suppose that's why I don't write a lot of stuff on my hands.

p.s I agree, Memento definitely is one of the best movies I've watched.

Yes, if there isn't a piece of paper nearby then I do it.  I will not hesitate to do it, specially if the info I have to write on my hand is important.  By the way,  some classmates used to cheat this way, I tried it once, but it I hadn't enough space to write everything I had to write.  Glad I started to learn more about mind mapping ;)  Too bad I was already done with school when I did, hehehe!  It would have helped me so much!!!

I never write things down on my hand. I would rather get a piece of paper or use my phone as it is so much easier and writing things on your hands doesn't look very nice nor is it clean. If people make the effort to find a pen for writing on their hands why can't they find a piece of paper at the same time, they are usually nearby each other as pens are meant for paper.

I think I do this sometimes, it's been a while now though since I did it. It's convenient when you don't have a piece of paper nearby, given that you have a pen of course.. When I do write something on my hands or arms I think it's mostly phone numbers or quite often just a simple "X" to remind me of something I need to do.

I really liked Momento too, great movie!

I've never written anything on my hands unless a friend was doodling on my hand just as a friendly thing in middle school.  I never personally wrote anything on my hands for notes, or even to cheat.

I used to write things on my arms all the time. I always need to remind myself about certain things. For example, if I have a math test tomorrow, I'd have to write down "Calculator" in big letters across my left arm. Then I would wake up in the morning and see it written on my arm. Simple reminders like these saved me through a lot!

I actually heard of the movie 'Memento' and I heard it was one of those mind-blowing movies. I'll definitely take a look into it.

I've never done that. My palms are always sweaty and I won't be able to decipher what I wrote down on my skin.

However, I did write a few notes in my agenda when I was really busy and I had very long days. They weren't only the routine things to remember, but also different information from school, such as English Tenses.

I don't write anything on my body, even as a kid I tended to write stuff on post-its or scraps of paper. Now with all the laptops and smartphones, I just punch the note into whatever is the closest device I can get my hands on.

I've always done this, it really helps me remember things and I just prefer writing on myself rather than paper. Only problem is, I'm not sure if the ink might be bad for you. I use crayola markers when possible because I feel like they're probably safer? I don't know.

I would suggest you keep a small note pad close to you at all times or save information you'll need later on your phone. I really couldn't say either whether it is good or bad for you but I would lean more to the bad. You see, those inks weren't made for the skin so it may likely cause problems later.

Since some weeks ago I have in mind to start writing a project made of "life clips"

Sometimes a memory comes to my mind, it could be something happening a week ago, or a dozen years, so I'm trying to write down all those flashback memories and make a sort of online scrapbook or something that may include my concerns about learning a second language, languages I would like to learn, or my worrisome about my own language being distorted, but also other facts that are part of my whole life.

I rarely write on myself. If I have nothing to write on and I absolutely must write it down, then I'll write it on myself. It doesn't happen very often, though. I always have writing utensils and paper or my phone with me.

I don't write on myself either, it's rather pointless unless it's something really urgent and there is no other place. I do draw watches on my kids wrists from time to time, or smilies on their fingertips.  :smile: