Linguaholic

What is your opinion on SIRI (by Apple) // Natural language user interface SIRI

linguaholic

At the moment, it doesn't function nearly well enough to be used frequently or to any real success. I do believe, however, that in time the technology will improve and SIRI will provide people with a useful hands-free user interface. We're just not there quite yet.

At the moment, it doesn't function nearly well enough to be used frequently or to any real success. I do believe, however, that in time the technology will improve and SIRI will provide people with a useful hands-free user interface. We're just not there quite yet.

That is pretty much how I see it as well! There's a lot to come in speech & language processing in the next 5-20 years, no doubt about that! :cool:

I've used it a few times, but it was always for fun. I always ask a silly question, and have a 'conversation' with Siri :)

I never really use it for what it was developed for.

I've used it a few times, I admit it's pretty cool.  But for real use I think it's silly, and plus don't you think it looks weird when people are talking to their phones?  But it does recognize languages/accents pretty well.

I rarely use Siri, if ever. I don't really see the point of it and I guess it could be entertaining but most of the time she just doesn't understand me..

I use Siri quite often. It is mostly a gimmicky novelty bit of technology that is far from becoming a main source of interaction with my iPad. The technology just isn't quite there yet. I am very thrilled to see what the future will hold though as the idea of Siri is very promising and potentially helpful.