Linguaholic

What's your main weakness in spanish?

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say my weakest points are speaking with confidence and female/male vocabulary.

I have been using rosetta stone one and off over a few years only reaching the end of level 1 in Latin American Spanish recently. I chose Latin American because I live in South Florida aka North Cuba lol.

• 1 month later...

I'm native speaker of Spanish as well but I have too many problems with the Spanish grammar x) It is pretty confusing and extensive!

Really? You mean writing some stuff right, like placing the accents?  I had that issue as well, but isn't as difficult as you think :)  You just need to review the orthographic rules :D That's why I got both a grammar and an orthography book nearby ;) Just in case!

I have to say my weakest points are speaking with confidence and female/male vocabulary.

I have been using rosetta stone one and off over a few years only reaching the end of level 1 in Latin American Spanish recently. I chose Latin American because I live in South Florida aka North Cuba lol.

Aw, I have heard some interesting stuff about Rosetta Stone.  But are you complimenting your studies with other good resources, like for example Duolingo or Memrise? I might sound a bit crazy, but I do feel I'm a bit more advanced now and understand more things from my main course.  Try it, they have Spanish as well!  plus you get to meet new people you might be able to practice with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Sentence structure. My pronunciation of most words is great and learning new vocabulary isn't a problem.  It's the way the sentences are arranged.  Not so much the adjectives, but more the direct and indirect objects.  Throw in the words "se" or "si" (not the one that means yes) and I'm lost. 

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest weakness in Spanish is writing it. More than likely anything related to Spanish could be called a weakness if it isn't small-talk for me. My pronunciation isn't that far off from the dialect I'm used to speaking and hearing. Proper grammar and tense sometimes stump me, but no more than difficult words or not being able to find the correct words to express myself; whether because I don't know some words exist or I simply forget.