Linguaholic

Easy Way

jfab

What do you think is the easiest way to learn a new language aside from the internet? And also not that expensive. Language schools could be pricey.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Books. There are plenty of language books designed for beginners and they are not very expensive. I'm sure there's an "I***t's Guide ... " (apparently the word is censored for some reason) somewhere that covers the language you want to learn. During the old days, we had audio tapes for language learning. I think there are similar things available at book stores nowadays.

The best and non-internet based way is probably to just read a lot of English based literature. If you are just starting out, I'd recommend getting into comic books first because then you'd at least have the benefit of visual aids in conveying emotions and actions.

I think reading children's books are good. That way you are starting off with the very basics, like a child, and you can gradually work your way up into the elementary, then middle school, etc..

Maybe start with a language-learning app/program/website and once you have the basics down go ahead and try to start learning the more intricate details along with reading some fairly simple books to get a hang of the language. This is what we do in school, we'll learn something new and try to apply it in a story or something similar.

Find someone who speaks the language. It is easier to learn a language by speaking to someone directly. You can get corrections and tips instantly and that helps the learning process very much.