Linguaholic

DO you use books or computer programs or do you use applications on your phones?

RobynB

I have recently found that there are many ways and means to learn Italian, whether it is through books, tapes/CD's, computer programs or even apps on your smart phone. I believe either way is great, I suppose it just depends on the person who is learning.

Have you heard of Duolinguo? I've been using it to review Italian, and I've started learning French on it, and I think it's one of the better language learning apps out there!

• 2 years later...

I'm taking college level Italian as a degree requirement. Although there is no app for the class, I found that I remembered vocabulary better through Duolingo. I also tried Rosetta Stone (the free phone app) but I got bored really easily, and questioned sometimes what they were showing me. I'm always on the lookout for new apps though. 

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 3/6/2014 at 1:45 AM, RobynB said:

I have recently found that there are many ways and means to learn Italian, whether it is through books, tapes/CD's, computer programs or even apps on your smart phone. I believe either way is great, I suppose it just depends on the person who is learning.

i use all of use all of the above.  I have the book italian demystified, an english to italian dictionary and a book of verbs.  I also read a lot of online articles and use duolingo like someone else said.