Linguaholic

Hey Language Learners!

Nyandroid

Firstly, I want to thank the creators of this forum for creating a sleek looking website focused around language learning.  Being a part of a diverse community, such as this one, enables me to be social with people learning my language and also those who are learning languages, just like me.

My name is Mike.  I have been interested in learning languages since I was 20 years old (25 years old now).  Currently I'm learning Korean and I'm enjoying every moment of it.  My strengths are being able to read Hangul and knowing how to pronounce them.  My weaknesses are grammar and a low vocabulary level.  Through this forum, I not only wish to improve upon my weakness, but also share my strengths with others looking for help in Korean.

Glad to be a part of this community!

Dear Nyandroid

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind words! I created this forum half a year ago out of pure passion for learning languages and it fills my hearth with joy to see people that are actually enjoying to be part of this community! After all, we are sharing the same passion, which is 'Language(s) (Learning)' and it is a great thing to be able to share the experience while studying with fellow 'Linguaholics'.

Thank you very much for introducing yourself! It has been my pleasure to read your introduction. Hopefully see you in the threads very soon!

Regards

Lingua

PS: What does Nyandroid stand for?

Welcome to the forum Nyandroid. I do hope you find it Linguaholic to be quite fulfilling. Keep your aspiration of learning Korean strong and good luck.

@linguaholic: It's great to see your idea come to fruition and being able to share your passion with the 873 members who joined this forum!  Also Nyandroid is a cross between Nyan cat and Android OS.  I came up with the idea one day while I was learning Android programming.  Being the silly guy that I am, I put the two together and came up with my username :)

@Rosa: Thanks a lot!  Through self-motivation, and the occasional help from others, I believe I can achieve my goal at being fluent at Korean.